Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some very interesting data from the dyno with my new B205 setup. Got the motor built and installed in 2 evenings. Quite a few hours on the dyno this weekend (between paying customer dyno cars) trying to sort out the oddness.

Ran the 3071.64 with the medium cams on my viggen and made 450whp, on the drag car with the 2.0 and Big cams made 540whp. Now fitted the 3076.86 on the viggen and made 480 on low boost. The 76 on the drag car made 480, whether high boot, low or at various cam timing. Could get less but never more. Thinking it was the new B205 lower compression 8.8 down from 9.2 I swapped the 3071 back on. Instantly we were back at 500. Little playing and we had 570whp Fuel for the 500 so have to sort that first. I have some ideas of what is going on looking at exh manifold pressure etc. Here is a bit of the data.
3071 on "kill"

compared

Pressures. You can see the fuel is not good.

Hoping to get the fuel sorted out this week. The dual rail manifold is fitted but unused. Found out the china copy -044 is not up to the task of feeding the 1000s with raised base pressure at this boost. The injectors are happy into the higher pressures so the simple solution is new genuine -044. When I do that will also plumb the second rail of injectors. Running 465/630s low and 1000s up top. Activating the top set at 3500rpm or so and staying sequential.

New clutch is the 7.25″ Been testing the organic disks in my street car but for drag use we need the metallic disks. They sure grab! Driving 480whp on 205 P6 all season tires is a blast :cool: The guys also did some other mods to the car More on that later.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Nice, Nick! I see what you were talking about, now... and this is all on E85, correct?

..and I finally have 16" wheels back on with 215/60 Michelin's. 20psi in second and third is fun, now that there's a bit more traction than the 195/60/15's could offer and that the fueling is somewhat sorted.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
whats wrong with that use the same tyres in my 600+whp car :) size of those "fire hoses" is 205/60/16 and no easing to gas pedal nor smokeshow ;)
Eh, come to think of it, the power curve probably doesn't lend itself to unintended smokeshows as much as some of the smaller turbos that produce a "wall of torque" down low and peter out up top.

All I know is that the burnouts in my 9000 were pretty gnarly with 205 width, 220 treadwear tires when I had a tune for the little stock turbo. Come to think of it, there is much less drama with the larger turbo, but I never tired the big turbo with 205 width tires.

*shrug*

I may need to build a project 2.0 in the future over a 2.3
Start with that Airflow that people donated stuff to you for.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The "fun" was not an issue with the GO but rather the WHooooah ;) Expecting it to stop like my Viggen was the issue, complicated by the one side rusty front brakes and the general suspension setup. The rear tried passing the front. Only had maybe 1/8th tank fuel too and the front coiovers were in "transport mode" all the way up.

Those are stock B205 Rods. Drop in JE pistons too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts