Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed B&G springs with a 1.4 inch drop and am very happy with them. The car virtually has no body roll and holds to the ground 100 times better at high speeds. I added new KYB gas strut inserts to the front as well and they are working out great. This is a very good upgrade at a good price. IF you have a bit of experince you should be able to do it yourself with the right tools. So if you dont mind a bit more bumpy ride (like any lowering spring) then this is a good idea if you like to take those corners fast.

-Springs $250 thats including shipping
-Purchased from www.shox.com
-KYB gas strut inserts $40 for each
-Purchased from www.eeruoparts.com

Peace

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
How much were the springs and the struts? Also where did you find them?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I too have the B+G springs installed (with Bilstein HD shocks). For the most part, very happy.

Did you notice whether the top 2 coils at the wide end of the rear springs touch when the car is sitting at rest? Curious to know whether this is normal or due to all the stereo equipment I have in my trunk.

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i did notice. The spring is designed to do that. the progressive windings towards the top are closer together becouse it increases the spring rate and when they touch it causes it to be 400 pounds for an inch of movement instead of 200 (those arnt the exact numbers but its the idea.) If they did not design the spring that way then it would just sink down till it all bottomed out becouse it is so short

1 - 4 of 4 Posts