Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checkout this picture of two viggens and their headlights. How they hell did they achieve that blue color? Is that some sort of neon tube or what? I know it's not a HID system cause the side turn corner lenses are blue! This picture is care of www.garaget.org

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Most likely its just LED that come on with the parking lights. One set in the head lights.. one set in the corner lights.

Thats just for show of course. not for driving around.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they would work perfectly with my angel eyes, except it might defeat the purpose lol. I don't think it's just one LED though, that's too bright for that...

I wish I could turn off my corner lense turn signals...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Check Midnight Moose.. they might have something.

Please we get a discount through them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't know about those blue lights but the whited out plate number gave me an idea. This looks pretty bad but all I have at work is Microsoft paint. These are 3" lights so they would fit. Only thing is depth. I don't think I'd go with four of the same lights either. maybe two 3" and two smaller ones on the inside. Be cool if it was removable too. make it so you can plug it in or take it out and plug in a European tag with plastic tabs. I don't know. I work a 12 hour shift with nothing to do.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
i think midnight moose has colored LED 194 lights that you plug in to the "city light" spot. then you would need to be able to turn off your daytime runners and just have the parking lights on.

I actually ordered some of their hyperwhite bulbs for mine, they look nice! and the discount rocks.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Just drill a hole, or even use the existing Dayllight bulb hole.

You'll figure it out once you get the parts and open your housing. Just like you did with your angel eyes.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Just on park lights with a blue 194 bulb in there. I have green ones in my red vig for the holidays.. Guess it is time for them to come out. :roll: On my black 9000 CS the green bulbs looked evil at night. The headlights still shine white but off angle with the main beams on you can see the green. Looks cool. 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
what are you talking about with the city bulbs??

and how did they make the front reverse light into a corner light and i'd assume the parking light a blinker?

~justin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Justin, they have the e-code corner lenses. I have the same ones. The turn signal goes into the front of the case and there isn't a hole for the parking light bulb, rather than on the stock corner lenses the turn signal bulb goes in the back, and the parking light goes up front...

I don't think I have a 194 connector in my headlight but I am going to check today...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Justtin look at these pics in this thread.

I posted a pic of the backs of the turn signals housings, both US and E-code.

US uses a double filament bulb up front, that does both parking light and turn signal in the same bulb. Then there is another bulbs that lights up white when you put the car in reverse. The city light is the 194 bulb in the HEADLIGHT housing.

E-code does not have the second socket for reverse light.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
rcmdesign said:
abdukted1456 did you just leave your reverse light bulb dangling in there? :lol: That's all I did...
I pulled the bulbs and the sockets, and wrapped the wire up and taped it so it would not dangle all over the place.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rcmdesign said:
I don't think I have a 194 connector in my headlight but I am going to check today...
Ok. Well I just unscrewed the rear headlight cap and there it was, the 194 bulb is right below the main headlight bulb. So I am going to headover to Advance Auto Parts later today to see if I can get this bulb in blue. I think I might have to get some of those better looking ones on ebay, the LED style, they will be a lot brighter than OEM blue 194 bulbs. I'll let you all know.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts