Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Epic win. Gotta love the "baja tough" lights. They 55watts each?

I have yet to get any pics of my car with the two KC off road daylighers, 130watts each. And two hella 550 amber reflector fogs, 55 watts each.

I'll figure I'll get a pic of them when I paint my steelies matte black and put them on. I think its gonna look sick.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah only 55 watts a piece, really shitty design. I had to really do some customization to make them easily mountable on the bar I added to my roof rack. but they are awesome to drive with.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
now you need to replace that broken fog light and the missing one :) lol Hope the cops in your path of travels don't get any idea's about following your dinosaur chaser. I'm sure those will get the old blue hairs out of your way quick :D

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I think I need to be putting some lights up on the rack.

Does it make a lot more wind noise at speed?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i guess if i were to do it, i would go with something more subtle. perhaps 4 mini rectangular "HID" fogs mounted in the same spot but upsidedown if it could clear the roof, otherwise upward.
I like that idea. Less drag too.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I find having the roof bars on annoying do to the extra wind noise so i wonder how this sounds at speed. I really want to do this but if afraid I will just be annoyed by it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
What I had on my 87' 9000;

Bosch Rally Lamps (I still have them - going on the Vintage one day) No windnoise when installed down there :) Wired into the stock connectors from the factor fog lights too. Mounted in the front plate bracket :D

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I don't notice any noise with my roof bars on, unless the roof is open. And the lights are actually mounted to another bar that I bolted to the sides of the roof bar bracket. So they sit a little lower than the roof bar.

I'm thinking about making this a kind of rally car, I'm goin to put large mud flaps on it, and maybe more lights lower in front somewhere.

I bought the car for $300 so I don't have any problems making it look goofy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.