Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto Transmission:

I have a feeling this problem might be due to improperly gapped spark plugs, but I have new ones to put in anyway. But here goes:

Whenever I take off and then get to second and then let off the gas completely, the car sort of double jolts and you can hear the car shift down, but it doesn't feel natural. And also, when I am doing about 70mph for a while, and then I want to speed up, I really have to press the peddle down all the way for it to kick back into gear and speed up. And this also happens sometimes in the lower gears, I just want to slowly and smootly speed up, and it slams into gear real loud, making it seem like I am flooring it. Any ideas?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
My mother's V6 does this as well. Im not sure exactly what the problem would be, other than its getting old lol. You could definately try new plugs, but it sounds like an AT problem.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm sure you've already done this, but it might help to check the tranny fluid level and quality. Auto trannies rely VERY heavily on correct level of unmolested fluid.

Also might not hurt to have the bands adjusted. Not sure if that's a DIY job on that tranny though.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
hem.. it seems im the only one who knows the answer to this.... GET A MANUAL. lol nah im with ced, i think its an AT prob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts