Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi forum, newbie alert, so hopen this is going to the correct forum.... ok so some plank wired in a stereo very badly into my beloved saab before i got it, so ive attempted to put this right with a new stereo but, the stereo powers up all good, no sound, all wires correct but nothing, checked the fuses by the drivers door and all related fuses are ok ?, now hoplessly stuck and a little bit sad :>( any ideas would be magic, many thanks

somebody suggested it might be a fuse on the amp itself ?, is there a seperate amp ?, again any help would be great, thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
everythind is the same wiring wise, the original stereo was not in the car when i got it, there was another installed and the wiring on the new stereo had been altered to fit the saab plugs, all was well and working 100%, but.... needing a change to something without a touchscreen interface (danger !!... eyes should be on the road) i opted for a simple generic cd player, plugged in and got power, connecting the speaker plug (via patch lead) and nothing, no sound, after a frustrating 30 or so mins we put the old one back in and voila ! no bloomin sound, all power but no noise, to check we wired both to an external speaker and all worked, so... when connected to external speakers all works 100%, but when connected to the wires for the internal speakers, nothing, is this caused by an amp malfunction ? and if so... where is it to fix the darn thing ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah already done, and they are all good, confused ??? nobody seems to have a clue, i surely cant be the only person with this problem ?, i feel almost special !, and kinda fed up at the same time, ive got a guy working on it and he suggests running new wires to the speakers, looks like it might be an option ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.