Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
odd - i want to see motor pictures - I want it (would make an excellent ice racer... for all that ice we get... :roll: )

I don't think a single drop if frozen material has hit the roads around us yet

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
odd - i want to see motor pictures - I want it (would make an excellent ice racer... for all that ice we get... :roll: )
auction says its got a 2.1l in it, really odd car, seems like its all hacked together, musta had that 900c badge laying around when they resprayed the hatch :roll:

Paul

·
Registered
88 Posts
whoa. if i didnt know any better, i would have said it's an 82 or something. looking at it, it's like a cross between an 82 model and an 88 model or something. it's a rust bucket, but i do wonder what's been done with the original car. That steering wheel doesn't look '89 to me. it's more like early 80s, with that colored Saab-Scania emblem. I thought later years had none of those. but then again, it's not hard to replace a steering wheel...

and this thing is a rust bucket. but hey - the door sticker gives an 88 build date. Hmpht.

·
Registered
711 Posts
900c

900c is the base model.

Don't know what the "c" is, but it's not carburettor, as many 900's had carburettors. (900GL, 900GLs, etc)

This car is NOT a 900c.

900c's have no tachometer.

This car has an "R" in the VIN. (YS3AR). A 900i has an R. This is a 900i, called "900" in North America.

A 900 S has a K, (like my car - YS3AK) and the typical 900 turbo has a L (YS3AL).

Next digit says the bodystyle - "3" is 3 doors, next digit is transaxle type (5 = 5speed, 6 = 3speed auto...)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep lemonscu said they were only in europe i didn't know they were made a late as 1988 tho. welcome to the site btw :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
uk wise steve , we never got the 2.1 , i have a 2.0 i'm thinking about reboring :twisted: , however i digress :) afaik non of the other european countries got them either ,the 2.1 was an american thing
i've been driving saab 900's for 13 years now and i've never seen a 900 c
my first was a 900 gls ,a great car for pennies 8)
then followed many 8v injections
then my t16s which i cant seem to stop modding for speed lol 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts