Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I just got finished installing an atmospheric BOV on my '91 900 Turbo, to be specific the TurboXS RFL. And by popular demand, heres some pics.

heres a shot of the valve, you can also see where i had to plug the old bpv hose, a sparkplug works really good :lol:.

the secod vacuum connector (the one on the right) is where the BOV gets its vacuum source, the other connectors werent large enough to properly operate the valve.

a closeup of the valve, it needs to be welded to the intercooler pipe in order to work properly, i tried attaching it to the stock bpv piping but there just wasnt enough flow to make it work.

so basically thats it, i used a broom handle to plug the hole in the intake pipe where the old bpv was. sometimes the car willl stall if you rev it alot in neutral and immediately let off on the throttle, but thats the only issue.

its late so if theres anything i missed, feel free to ask :) .

Paul

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wont that cause mixture problem not recirculating air charge, car does not use Speed Density EFI? The MAF will not no be able to read change, although I sure that discharge horn will make quiet a hoot. :wink:
I see you still have flexable bellows hose on mass air outlet to intake tube, I found that they tend to collapse under high vacum, more so when they get old and soft.

Go Swift, Go Safe, Go Saab

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you know ive heard that that can happen, and it probably is, but its not for a long enough time for you to notice.

as for the bellows, i have noticed that they are pretty damn soft, i think its getting about time to replace all the connectors theyre pretty shot, but for now im pretty broke :roll: .

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts