Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF you like the black trim on the outside of your car to really shine the Armorall wipes work really well. Not just becouse of how well it workes. But how much easier it is becouse they are in wipe form. You are able to apply it much easier without over spray on the paint. And when the car is clean and the black trim is extra shiny it really makes the car stick out more.
Peace

·
Registered
122 Posts
I actually use Eagle One Wet for Tires on all the black trim including the window gaskets. The same shine you get on your tires goes on the black plastic and rubber bits. I apply with a tire applicator before waxing. Wax from the orbital buffer won't stick to the Eagle 1 and once buffed, it all looks perfect.

I've heard some stories about Armor All actually accelerating the greying of the black plastic bits once its dry.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
i've been told the wet tire can cause the plastics and rubbers to dry out faster. I will still use them from time to time, but i belive that more then the anti-Armorall comments that rummor us all. Just remember, they are only rummors. I've used Dollar store protective wipes before, they work really well actually for $1 and i've seen no sign of "greying" you just need to apply it more often.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's not a rumor. Armor all, tire wet, any tire shine has a corrosive effect and should not be used repeatedly. Even spraying it on your tires, which will usually fling the stuff up on the paint, if left in the sun can cause spotting on paint. Coffee and soda are corrosive as well so don't pour out the window while driving. Sounds simple but people do it all the time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If they have a sweet tooth, a little sugar in the gas will do wonders as well! I personally prefer the flaming bag of shit left on a doorstep.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
slices of salami will make cars look polka dotted
and i use either peanut butter or NuVinyl on all of my trim, either one works really well

·
Registered
475 Posts
PEANUT BUTTER!?? Now THATS creative. Maybe olive oil would work also. It is very healthy to cook with ya know. LOL Seriously though I might be onto something here!

·
Registered
16 Posts
HaHa, I like how we are all well informed on how to damage cars, including using the Armor-all. If you are looking for something to really darken the black trim then use leatheriques trim dye (http://secure.detailedimage.com/Mer...Code=DI&Product_Code=LQ05&Category_Code=Vinyl)That will leave the trim black and won't harm it. As for your tires poorboys world bold n' bright gives you the bright shine without the corrosive agents. I've used others but these are my favorites.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just a little improve on the Flaming Bag O' Shit.... if you now the person is aware of the joke and won't stomp on it place an M40 inside it. When the flame gets low enough it lights the M40( M80 if you are disturbed) and the BOOOM flaming bag of shit turns into Dookie Bomb :lol: . It is way entertaining and very hard not to laugh.

Secondly is you have some really strong fishing line use it to attach two empty 2 liter bottles. Then fill the bottle half way with either gravel or 2/3 of the way with those fireworks you throw at the ground and they make a little "pop". Then go to a two lane round and have you stand on one side and a friend stand on the other each holding a bottle. Then suspend the fishing line at the hieght of an oncoming cars grill. When the car passes it will catch the line and the bottles will wrapped around and smack the side of the car...results vary on the materials in the bottle. Once successful...run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts