Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
it specifically says salvage title

A/C is not blowing cold air
This car will need some TLC, A/C, tension arm, The air bags did deploy, key stuck in ignition

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does but i would think that the dealer would list why it had a salvage title or what has been fixed/not fixed. I've known people who got a salvage titel when their airbag deployed for know reason and the car itself was it great shape.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
doesn't slavage title mean you can't get a regular title for it ever again, or you can't register it or some crap? :?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it ment that if there was a problem that causes it have a salvage title, you must repair and have the car inspected before it can be road worthy and retitled again. As long as the problem(s) are fixed, the car can be driven lke normal but the title will always be branded as having been salvaged so knowone can sell you the car without you knowing it had been is some sort of acident that required major work. Sometimes there is hidden damage that will not be apparent in the inspection or that does not show up for years. Kind of like when a cars been flooded and the eletrical might malfuction in a years time later.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
saabkid37 said:
or you do what i did and buy it in another state and tell your state dmv that to your knowledge it was never damaged...then they give you a clean title
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , yeah but that green radiator support kinda gives it away :wink: .

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts