Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking everywhere for them, finally found one :D had a bov and rice lights i was sure he'd run it with me. well i see the light turn red (we would have lined up next to eachother) and what does he do pull into a parking lot :? :x

·
Administrator
254 Posts
DSM . . . I am thinking he means a GS-T as in an Eclipse. And yes they are fast. At a stoplight you would probably lose especially if its an awd model. On the highway though it could be another story.

Kyle

·
Registered
251 Posts
well i raced an eclipse gs spyder and he smoked me with 2 other people in the car....from a roll too. He had 10 grand in a turbo kit under the hood, so i didnt feel too bad, but i think that it would be close between a 9-3 SE and GS-T off the line, then i bet the 9-3 would pull ahead.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
10,000 in a turbo kit huh that is rediculous turbo upgrades run at most a couple thousand, add injectors, fuel pump u r up to like 4gs .

with only $2,000 you can get these cars, assuming awd, they can run high 12's

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I think you could take a GS-T (FWD turbo)...but GSX (AWD turbo) not gonna happen.

But if you think about it...any turboed car w/ over 2k invested is going to pull better than a stock turboed. Add AWD to that and you've got a major whooping coming. :roll:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Blaque_Out said:
I think you could take a GS-T (FWD turbo)...but GSX (AWD turbo) not gonna happen.

But if you think about it...any turboed car w/ over 2k invested is going to pull better than a stock turboed. Add AWD to that and you've got a major whooping coming. :roll:
A stock GST is only dropping 210Hp (crank) with about 165 to 170 to the ground. They in stock form are not super fast but quick enough to startle most V-8 mustangs. In the GSX version you get 210HP and 350lbs more weight to add to the eqausion. In stock form from a 30MPH start if you had an Aero or a Viggen you would walk the GST or GSX with no issues. If you are in an LPT, HOT or just a normal 900 or 9-3 you can handle a stock GST no problem ( I have proven it 3 or 4 times over in my 9-3 SE HOT.

Having spen alot of time in the DSM arena starting with the Starion's in the late 1980's I can atest that the GSX and the VR-4 AWD 3000GT suffer from very badly setup AWD systems that suffer from heavy power losses. They got it right when they brought out the EVO's. That is another car that I definatly stay away from........not one for excessive humiliation.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I have two buddys with dsm's....One a 91 Eagle Talon AWD and the other a 92 Eclipse GSX......I've raced my buddy with the 91 a few times and off the line he would have me but as soon as I had traction I would kick the shit out of him.....and almost always i would pull two or three cars on him....He has a few mods full thermal turbo back exhaust and a few little things Manual boost control running 15 psi... But my other buddy did a full T3/T4 turbo upgrade, front mount intercooler and some otherthings.... His car dynoed at 318 hp at the wheels on pump gas..... This car is fast anyway being a Mitsubishi technician I will say that 3000 GTs and rest of the turbo cars never have made me smile...Infact I think 3000 GTs are slow. Just want to add a story!!!! Oh and here is a link to a guy with a 4G63 sway in a Mirage here in Milwaukee......now this car is crazy!!!!!Enjoy
http://www.lilevo.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts