Saab Link banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just pulled the motor from my 2000 9-5 aero 5spd. and was wondering if the block would work on a 03 9-5 aero. the only dif i could tell was the oil pan on the 2000 is dif from the 03 and the plate that attaches to the block on the flywheel side looks dif. i was going to reuse the transmission for my 04 but the bell housing looks dif which is no big deal i can sell the trans but my main Q is the block. i need to be sure it will work ok on the 03

my plan is to take the block from the 2000 aero and use the top end off the 03 and the transmission from the 03 which happens to be a automatic

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
from what I was told, the only substantial revisions on the 02+ was the rod caps.
there are some small differences, but I had no problem putting the '02 engine in my '00.
(I used the 02 block, and an '00 R head. with '01 transmission)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the only thing I was worried about is the oil pan difference and if the newer oil pans from the newer 9-5s will bolt up to the 2000 block. I relized after I tore it apart that the oil pan on the 2000 motor bolts onto the lower part of the transmission and also acts as a flywheel cover as well were as the newer oil pans like my 04 end near the flywheel and there is a small plate to cover the lower end of the flywheel I believe there 10mm bolts. Sobibwasnt sure if the blocks were the same

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it did have a small one attached to it but it didnt look anything like the one on my 04. the oil pan had more of a half circle shape to it that went up and around the exhaust and then continued on the other side to the transmission. ill post up some pics when i get some time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts