Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought an s-afc to experiment with on my 95 9k (trionic 5) A few people have played around with them and been given CEL'S. But i figured id try it anyway since where they were trying to add fuel at the top end, im only trying to even out a rough idle from 36# injectors, and monitor the pulse and flow and what not. The latest try by saabvos was almost working but he sort of did the wiring by guess work if i recall. Ill be using the direct ecu pinouts (thanks stepehen on saabnet). If it doesnt work it doesnt work but we shall see as im finding that the 95 9ks are very unique... i often see parts listed for 90-94 or 96 up...just my luck lol

ill keep you all updated

nathan

·
Registered
432 Posts
awesome dude! keep us posted!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
running yes...on the road...no. its in my yard and my mom is running it for my twice a week....its gettin a good workover over the winter see the sig below. Im currently in touch with a guy who has airbags for me just hasnt had time to pull them out of his car...only problem is dash piece is blacka nd mine is tan...sounds like some more custom carbon fibering is in order!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got home from school last night and ill be here till sunday. Injectors, thermostat, possibly airbag should be goin in tomorrow. Upper engine mount may be in late rin the week as i have to come up with some sort of home made tool...afc is still in progress as im retarted and cant read wiring diagrams...dads an electrical engineer tho...stay tuned

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wel i put in the 36# injectors last night...that along with the rilled airbox is giving mespool up at about 3k rpm which im liking. It actualy backfired due to th extra unburned fuek at idle. Im running a tad rich too a/f gauge goes nuts but its running beter at WOT also. good upgrade. AFC may go in tomorrow and well ee if it throws a cel..if not im in business to fix the richness...later

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i ran outta time over break..apex'is wiring diagrams suck...theres 10 wires on the harness and 6 in the diagrams. Past that tho...my dads tryin to figure out about this whole two ground no more than 1cm aprt thing its kinda weird. Ill try again to install it shortly after xmas hopefully...if not ill sell it to spend money on other stuff....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts