Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Here is a modification that I have found amongst the internet, but they had very vague instructions. I figured it out mainly on my own after I knew where to solder the wire on the APC Box circuit board. I made a diagram for everyone in hopes of making this mod soooo much easier.

1. Remove APC box from car.
2. Dis-assemble APC box.
3. On the circuit board, you will see the pins where the connector is. There will be 25 pins (I have no idea how to do the knock led on the older boards)....
4. Follow the diagram and solder a wire from Pin 19 and drill a small hole in the top of the apc box so you can put the lead through.
5. Re-assemble APC box.
6. Get a 12 Volt LED or any LED but make sure if it is not a 12 volt, you must have a resistor on it according to the voltage of the LED... you can buy all the materials at Radio Shack.
7. Get a long amount of wire to go in from the engine compartment to the cabin (there are a couple grommets in the firewall, best to use them to wire through).
8. Get a switch if desired so you can enable/disable the LED. Most auto stores have the switch you desire... make sure it is for 12v though.
9. Solder a wire from the LED Anode (short leg) to the "battery" pin on the switch.
10. Solder a wire from the LED Cathode (long leg) to the "source" pin on the switch.
11. Connect a wire coming from the Positive terminal on the battery or on the distribution block. Solder the other end of that wire to the battery pin on the switch.
12. Solder a wire going from the "ground" pin on the switch to a chassis ground.
13. Mount all of your stuff and conceil all wires.

I don't take responsibility if this doesn't work. Do this modification at your OWN RISK. All pictures and instructions are copyright of Zach Wallace 2004.

The wiring diagrams and stuff are below.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wiring Diagrams:

ALL PICTURES ARE PROPERTY OF ZACH WALLACE.... COPYING IS NOT ALLOWED.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts