Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may or may not be a ridiculous idea, but I figured I would throw it out there.

I am coming home from China in November and thinking about taking a road trip for a few weeks in December. I would be driving from the New England area to the West Coat and flying back. No particular city necessary.

So the question is, does anybody, for any reason, need a car driven from the east coast out to the west coat? Moving? Miss your car at college? Rare car for sale on the East cost you can't find on the West Cost?

I sold my 9-3 before I left and am now car-less. I was thinking about picking up an old 900 or something to do the trip, but dreamed up this idea and figured I'd see if I got any takers first.

For what its worth, I've been driving for 7 years, have a clean driving record (no tickets in over 4 years), and have been driving in China for a year (which pretty much means I could drive a Cadillac through a bumper car ring and come out unscathed) and would be more than willing to pay for the gas/an oil change/whatever is needed to get the car there. I would of course take full responsibility for the car as well.

I would also be down if someone just wanted to go/take me along for the ride.

Times, dates, and places are all flexible.

If anyone is remotely interested, let me know.

-Brad

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Good luck! Awesome way to see the country for sure. My dad used to drive peoples cars cross country - he would hitch hike and play tourist on his way home. They may still have companies out there who do this - it's essentially a free ride out to w/e - but you have "x" amount of days and miles to compelte it in. Then you can find a car coming back home or just have fun and hitch hike it or w/e back eventually. I regret never doing anything like this and fear I have missed that opertunity.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! Thank Burns. I had no idea there were companies that did this, I'll have to look into that.

You might get better at making up excuses with age, but you are never too old for an adventure!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I hate when things are meant to be.

That's why I am doing wedding planning in the evenings now rather than fixing SAABs.... good thing I have free time at work....

Drew

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweeeeet!

E-mail sent! Hope we can work it out!

There is absolutely no other (reasonable) car I would rather drive across country in then a modded 9000 Aero.

This could shape up phenomenally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.