Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I love the Police, but not enough to pay several times what the car is actually worth. The markup on ex-celebrity cars is always funny to me. I'm also very amused whenever the 900 convertible from Seinfeld comes up for sale, people really think that a famous person's ass having graced the vehicle quadruples its value.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm with Guru on that. Unless the car has some unique customization done for that celebrity, or some other feature that would make it stand out as a unique sample of that car type, it's just a car. That 9000, while a nice looking one, is just another 9000, Sting or no Sting.

I remember the Pope's old Golf and Peter North's 300ZX for sale... both with a celebrity surcharge...

·
Registered
800 Posts
I love the Police, but not enough to pay several times what the car is actually worth. The markup on ex-celebrity cars is always funny to me. I'm also very amused whenever the 900 convertible from Seinfeld comes up for sale, people really think that a famous person's ass having graced the vehicle quadruples its value.
Speaking of Seinfeld, remember the Jon Voight Lebaron episode?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Screw John Voight's Chrysler--gimme Sinatra's :lol:

If I could have any celeb car it would be Dean Martin's 1962 Ghia L6.4 coupe. Of course I'd need about $200K to pick that up.

One car I would not want is the one-off Bobby Darin Dream Car.

·
7,595 Posts
Ha, I remember that Seinfeld episode. George was originally planning on buying a Volvo 240DL, and the "John" Voight car came up and the snap decision was made :lol:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Ha, I remember that Seinfeld episode. George was originally planning on buying a Volvo 240DL, and the "John" Voight car came up and the snap decision was made :lol:
And then of course the pencil with the bite marks! :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya really never know it could be. I know if i was an actor or a musician i know i would like to keep a low profile, i would not wanna drive around town in a lambo or a ferrari so i'd get a decent looking car like that to not draw attention to myself.

·
Registered
645 Posts
fuck the police!!

sting is a moron.. and it shows because he got the worst possible aero money could buy.. 93 autoTRAGIC.. tisk tisk

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I'm with Guru on that. Unless the car has some unique customization done for that celebrity, or some other feature that would make it stand out as a unique sample of that car type, it's just a car. That 9000, while a nice looking one, is just another 9000, Sting or no Sting.

I remember the Pope's old Golf and Peter North's 300ZX for sale... both with a celebrity surcharge...
The thought of buying Peter North's car gives me the heebeegeebees... Might catch something I don't want to catch...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
fuck the police!!

sting is a moron.. and it shows because he got the worst possible aero money could buy.. 93 autoTRAGIC.. tisk tisk
Ouch...Sting can be a bit of a douche at times, but don't hate on the Police.

Le sigh. Shoulda bought John Oates' c900 last summer. Shoulda.
John Oates was selling his c900? Do you have a link? Hilarious...

·
User
9,193 Posts
Looks more like a 94 to me... seeing as though it has Super Aero's and 1 reverse light. Not sure if Europe was different than ours though. Shame it's an auto.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Maybe he didn't that much.

You had a cd. They are ugly ass balls........
hey hey hey now.... leave the cde out of this!:wink:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey hey hey now.... leave the cde out of this!:wink:
Dude it has a trunk.....

And the rear end is ugly. I always saw saab's as hatchbacks im leaving it at that.

And some of them a V6's. You can just buy an Aero and get a hell of alot more power out of the 4 banger ! 225 i think, and the V6 has the 210 hp oh, and before other people say they make 4's in the CD i know that too.

But in conclusion, i just dont like the design at all.... PERIOD!

·
Registered
645 Posts
mine had a 2.3 turbo...ALL of them had a 2.3 untill 95(last year in the us and all had v6)
and it was the same cars as the cc up to the c pillar, just had a trunk instead of hatch..no big deal.... also the only OLDSCHOOL SAAB body to be offered with t5 from the factory;)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
CD's and CDE's rock

Dude it has a trunk.....

And the rear end is ugly. I always saw saab's as hatchbacks im leaving it at that.
Dude - they all have trunks ;) lol

I like the CD - and the CDE's They are neat oddities. Sure they aren't the best looking car - from the rear, but they grow on you. I'd love to have a CDE and swap in a 2.3 and a 5 speed - be great! Super Large trunk and a sedan with power - no worries of a heavy hatch crashing down on you when the shocks fail! Besides - I'm sure the CD's weigh less.

The real fail on Stings car is 1) Right Hand Drive and 2) it's an Automatic (grow some balls you Pansie!) If I had the money to buy a new Aero - I sure wouldn't pick an automatic one.... TCS was modern so I can understand that - wasn't around long enough to FAIL and have the poor rep it has today.... it was still warranty then :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts