Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I recall reading something about not being able to use a hydraulic trans on a cable car(94-97) without converting to hydraulic. Something about a missing guide for the clutch cable or something.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I recall reading something about not being able to use a hydraulic trans on a cable car(94-97) without converting to hydraulic. Something about a missing guide for the clutch cable or something.
i believe you are correct.

however, if you have to pull the trans out anyway, there is no reason to not convert it to hydraulic clutch

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Thanks. What about a 5 spd from the 6 cyl? I would think no, right?
I don't think they made a 5 spd for the 6 cyl, could be wrong though. If they did make one, I don't see it working.

As for the hydro cable question, grkguy once told me that he used a hydro trans with a cable clutch and it worked fine, so he can probably answer this question well.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
i gotta look into that... cuz i have a 9-3 hydraulic trans that i turned into a cable clutch
ive got a later model 9-3 trans at the shop so ill be able to answer that later today

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The guys at my shop made a 4-cyl car work on a V6, I think it was just the clutch/flywheel combo, but I don't remember. I didn't do the work, and frankly didn't want anything to do with that job.

Maybe they swapped the bellhousings, I don't know.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
i gotta look into that... cuz i have a 9-3 hydraulic trans that i turned into a cable clutch
ive got a later model 9-3 trans at the shop so ill be able to answer that later today
ok so the here's the verdict about the clutch deal
2000+ og9-3 cannot accommodate cable clutch (the casting is diff)

·
10,303 Posts
When using a 9-3 trans on a 900, you need to make sure you are matching up the correct engine mount bracket and shift linkage.

I may have a post about this from back in 07 or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts