Saab Link Forums banner

Anyone interested in Tinting their Saab? MAY 3RD Tint Day!

3K views 81 replies 16 participants last post by  bergie 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all.

My friend sets up a tint day at his shop about once a year. He will be setting one up within the next month or so.

Just trying to gauge interest. My Viggen cost $150 to have fully tinted with 35% in front and 20% in rear.

The location is Haverhill.

He also tinted my wagon and turbo Toyota:

They do really good work. We usually hang out and chat about cars while the guys do work. We order a bunch of pizzas as well.

Let me know soon!

See less See more
#4 ·
yeah, really not bad @ all.
There are a ton of $99 tintz! places down here, but by the time you add in all the windows and tint you'd actually want, it ends up being 150-200
I think my wagon was 230-ish for front, rear, quarter windows, cargo windows, and hatch in the lifetime warranty tint.

#13 ·
you can get the state exemption with a doctors note or just do what we have done with our last several cars.

50% on the front window and 35% (the legal limit) on the rears. this way the car looks right with tint all the way around but it isn't too obvious and so far all inspection shops have missed that it is even tinted. and we have never been pulled over for tint. even on my dark blue Volvo with black interior that made this look really dark.

im down for this as I need to get my 9-3 tinted. my guy usually charges $200 for 4 doors and so far his work has lasted at least 3 years on one car with no fading bubbles or issues

#10 ·
Okay excellent. I will get details.

For $150, I'll throw my Viggen in the mix. Count me in.

Any date range in mind? I'm frequently out of town, but if I know in advance I can make it work.
Just know it will be under $200, don't quote me on $150. I have seen a 5 door car done for $170, but my single cab truck was $130. All the saabs have been under $200. I am guessing my wagon will be $200.

That being said, I am hoping for Sunday June 23rd.

#11 ·
You can probably get a doctors note saying you have sensitive eyes and then you can get all the tint you want. This is case in VT. Its a special sticker that you put next to the inspection sticker.

It will be fun to be pulled over all the time and show the permit. NOT!

I'll never forget ViggenKids tinted W/S on his Viggen. So jealous! Like a permanent pair of sunglasses.

#12 ·
I tend to get whats legal applied at least on the front windows. Back windows are odd. On regular cars 35% is the limit, but SUV's, trucks and station wagons all have privacy glass from the factory that measures 20%. Thats why I get 20 on the back "factory privacy glass officer."

#14 ·
well... it is very tempting, and I would definitely consider doing that ^ After all, it's a wagon, I'm probably just some old lady on the way home from book club.

Too much other stuff to spend $ on right now though :(

#19 ·
possibly interested, mike can you ask them how much to do a full tint and removal of old on wagon?

if its too costly i can remove myself with a steam cleaner but just curious.

also carl, get it doneeeee....ive had no problems with my rides being tinted 35% all around..with the wagon sheesh you will be able to get away with much more. cmon full tint purple 8k headlights no front plate dropped heavy on those rks with beats in the back.. you name it.. however you may have to take off that rear spoiler tho...that might draw em in a bit =)

i have shitty darkish tint all around on my wagon now and run no front plate and haven't had a problem at all "knock on wood".

but I am just an architect on my daily commute home to them, "eh hes ok".

#21 ·
also carl, get it doneeeee....ive had no problems with my rides being tinted 35% all around..with the wagon sheesh you will be able to get away with much more. cmon full tint purple 8k headlights no front plate dropped heavy on those rks with beats in the back.. you name it.. however you may have to take off that rear spoiler tho...that might draw em in a bit =)
I know I should do it... I'll see how things go. And NO you can't have my spoiler! Did you see I posted link in my wagon thread about the spoilers on ebay UK?

#35 ·
I'm still in. Just had a week from hell and haven't made it on TSL in a while.

Question: Is it a more-the-merrier type deal? As in, if another car were to show up with me, would this be welcomed and would the price still stand? I'll be visiting a lady-friend in Boston that weekend and I know she'll be pissed when she finds out I'm bailing on Sunday to go get tints lol. But I'm thinking.. get her car tinted too, happy times for all.

#41 ·
75-100 I would say, to be safe.

when is completion roughly...I have a 3hr drive and couldn't leave until the afternoon, 1ish, as i have a soccer game in the am.
I have never seen it go longer than 3-4pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.