Saab Link Forums banner

Anyone Interested in a 3" Downpipe for the 2.8t V6

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kanundrum 
#1 ·
Got a Custom 3" Downpipe and Midpipe made. The one from Ferrita is a Midpipe essentially as George from VIVA Performance told me same thing with the maptun since its the same piece as well.

Everything is still stock appearance no modifications under the hood and you can't really tell unless you start the car up cold or give it the beans.!

Cost would be from $400 to $600 where if you wanted both downpipe and midpipe it would be $900 to $1100

We need 25 People Interested (Anywhere in the world) all they would do is call in put a deposit down and then wait about a month to 1.5 months for the part to be manufactured.

Video: YouTube - Turbo X 3" Downpipe and Midpipe
Keep in mind that I have a Turbo X and the XWD Drive Train loss as well as This dyno is the all stock (No tuning) except for a K&N filter and I have both the downpipe and the midpipe.

Dyno Before:

Dyno After:

The shop that will be producing the product is

Called Ptuning. Performance Auto Parts Warehouse, Installation, and Dyno Tuning | PTUNING.COM (877-788-6464)

Been dealing with them for about 5 or 6 years now and I love their work.

It does Throw a CEL but its nothing a VTune Can't fix from what I hear.

Let me know

See less See more
#8 ·
You do get a CEL, but nothing a Vtune Can't solve.

In terms of Money

Deal goes like this.

We get 20 People ready to plop down a deposit

30 to 50% of price (downpipe only will be like $600, both downpipe and midpipe will be like 1kish)

Once we decide what has the majority of vote it will the 20 people will call in to www.ptuning.com (pro people read first page) give them the deposit information.

After that, I will have personally donate my car for 2 weeks for them to take the unit they made custom for me for them to send into the manufacturer (made in america ). Then after about 1.5 months the product will be ready and shipped out to you guys (you will pay the rest of the price depending on how much manufacturer cost will be. Basically after the deposit you will be told 100% of the information once the manufacturer receives the unit off my car.

It will all be made of

T303 Stainless Steel Including any VBand Connectors.

Again take a look at the exhaust system they made with my old car,

Ptuning.com - Item Description

I am doing this for you guys because I am passionate about tinkering/modding cars so serious people only, not giving up my car just for someone to bail ;ol;;ol;;ol;;ol;;ol;

BTW Just for the downpipe and midpipe I paid about 2k give or take a few hundred because of some issues they had trouble sourcing the flanges. But it fits 100% have been running it since End of October not a single issue to date with about 15k Miles on it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.