Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got to get out and do something other than slowly walk in the snow taking cars apart! I'm planning to go to Sno Mountain (formerly Montage) on Wed. this week. I like to hit the Night Pass (4:30pm to 10:00pm) , only $28.00. Not the best mountain, but it's a good price! I will hit up the U-pull it yard in Scranton around noonish and swing by the mountain later on, If you need any Saab parts, I know they currently have 3 C-900's one is a turbo vert, 2 are n/a models. There is also one OG 9-3 & 2 NG-900's. The prices at the scranton yard are also very good! Anthracite pick a part is the place.

Anyone interested PM me, I know it being a weekday it will probably be just me, but I figured I'd check. It's always fun to ski with someone of a different experience level + or -.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Ah Sno...you can't help but love a mountain where the snow beneath the lift is dotted with beer cans and skiers shooshing to a stop in front of the lodge already have an unlit cigarette in their mouth.

NEPA...you wanna ashtray with that? ;)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I would like to go boarding some day here and I have wednesday off, but that is a 4.5 hour drive.

argh.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
1/2 interested - but it'd a bit futher for me to ride then it's for you - so it would be pretty tough to pull off on a work day with work @ 5AM the next day down here in SEPA - I'd be up for the bar scene at the slope, always warm and friendly in there. lol I rate myself at best Intermediate. I've only skied on Greek Peak my whole life, but have manage to get down their black diamonds at least once without crashing. I'm not too keen on night sking b/c the snow starts to turn to ice usually and I'm even worse on icy snow. I'm a plow man myself - I can't stop fast enough and I'd be off a cliff in no time.

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The main point is weekday night ski is it's so cheap and no ones there, no lines. IMO, best time to go. If you can take off, do it. From Lansdale to montage mountain road in Scranton is 98 miles, all highway. In theory you could probably still go to work and pop up there later. Don't know if you'd be getting up at 5 AM the following day though...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
The main point is weekday night ski is it's so cheap and no ones there, no lines. IMO, best time to go. If you can take off, do it. From Lansdale to montage mountain road in Scranton is 98 miles, all highway. In theory you could probably still go to work and pop up there later. Don't know if you'd be getting up at 5 AM the following day though...
Agreed - but your last statement is what I would see as the problem. Plus I like to drink post sking - helps numb some knee pains lol Perhaps another time - shit's too busy round here lately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.