Saab Link Forums banner

Anyone in here actually own a 9-2? What did you pay for it?

4K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  AeroDynamic 
#1 ·
If you don't mind me asking. I'd like to know what people are getting for discounts, typically.

#3 ·
I got one, Aero, with leather, Xenons, and Cold Weather. List was just under 30K, with saab incentives, I think I paid around $12.95.

Either that or just under 25k, with current incentives you could probably get it even cheaper. If you want to find more owners, check out clubwrx and nasioc too...

#11 ·
Thing is, my local dealer has a monopoly - there isn't another dealer within 3 hours' drive, so they're not as ready to deal as others. I'm hoping to get feedback from people in other areas. If I can find a dealer that's moving them for pennies, I'll contact them and get a quote, then take that quote to my local dealer.

Then again, I might just forget about the whole thing and buy something else for my wife. We can get Subies at invoice through their VIP program, so there would have to be a really big discount on the 9-2 to make it competitive. And we're not totally convinced that we need two AWD vehicles, so we might go for something totally budget.

#21 ·
DeLorean said:
the ONLY reason I could see getting a linear is if it cost the exact same or less money than a similarly equipped 2.5RS and you were seriously considering one of those to start with.
Exactly. But, given the stupidly large incentives - and the fact that NO ONE wants to buy a Linear, that's a pretty likely situation. If I price out an RS to the spec that my local dealer carries them (we can get on-lot cars at invoice), it's just shy of $19k invoice. That's already more than the 9-2 once you take the 5.5k discount, though I'm guessing it's unlikely that a Saab dealer would have one on the lot with zero options.

Though, she's totally convinced that she wants another particular vehicle at the current point in time. I won't mention it here for fear of being tarred and feathered. Especially since I kinda like it too. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.