Saab Link Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
DeLorean said:
the ONLY reason I could see getting a linear is if it cost the exact same or less money than a similarly equipped 2.5RS and you were seriously considering one of those to start with.
Exactly. But, given the stupidly large incentives - and the fact that NO ONE wants to buy a Linear, that's a pretty likely situation. If I price out an RS to the spec that my local dealer carries them (we can get on-lot cars at invoice), it's just shy of $19k invoice. That's already more than the 9-2 once you take the 5.5k discount, though I'm guessing it's unlikely that a Saab dealer would have one on the lot with zero options.

Though, she's totally convinced that she wants another particular vehicle at the current point in time. I won't mention it here for fear of being tarred and feathered. Especially since I kinda like it too. :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Chad W said:
MSRP is 23.7K - 5.5K in incentives this month puts it at 18.2 before haggling...
Just curious, where'd you get that number? There was a 5k incentive last month iirc, but there's nothing available for April yet on edmunds or Saab USA websites.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know a guy :)

It's 4.5 from saab this month + 1k gm hot button discount.

Check the 9-2x board on saabnet.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do you mean banned from TSL or banned from Saabnet for posting here? :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased a black 9-2x with the cold package! I think I got a fair deal of $20721, which includes destination plus the short throw shifter and the momo shift knob with installation. The incentives for this month were $6000 from Saab plus $1000 GM hot button, plus my haggling = my price :D
But you probably will have to wait for them to announce that deal again... or I could sell you mine for MSRP. It is a rare car you know :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey ChadW, I noticed you have 7.5 inch wide wheels, do they stick out from the sides and do you think there would be any fitment issues with 7.5 x 17's?

·
7,595 Posts
Wex92-x05 said:
I got my saab 92-x aero for $23,000 out the door after tax and liscence.
was this recently? some people over on saab central have gotten 92X aeros with leather for as cheap as 19K after the GM employee discounts and the factory rebates. just wondering- are they getting to be more expensive now and is cutting some rebates? this might make sense because with the car being cheaper than a WRX, a lot of people have been buying them, especially last month

·
Registered
230 Posts
You should have no issues with a 17x7.5, as long as the offset is correct and the you use the right profile tire, there is ZERO difference as far as space is concerned between a 16 and a 17 (or any other wheel size that you could get the right tire size for)

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
I work at a saab dealer in washington state and we were selling them for 18k with all the discounts and everything. There was NO demand on them at all. we had one in the showroom for a good 6 months and no one sat in it. then all the sudden EVERYONE wanted one and we had none left. you cant get your hands on one now if you try. not until the 06's come out anyways. They are a good car for the money they were going for. thats only like 6k more then i paid for my 97 aero. I wouldnt drive a subaru though if you paid me to :shock: . . . i guess its the right car for the right person :lol:

-Kaylan Marie

21 - 32 of 32 Posts