Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
pretty sure we only have 1 person with a 92X here so far, you might be better off asking this sort of question on saabcentral or TSN....

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got one, Aero, with leather, Xenons, and Cold Weather. List was just under 30K, with saab incentives, I think I paid around $12.95.

Either that or just under 25k, with current incentives you could probably get it even cheaper. If you want to find more owners, check out clubwrx and nasioc too...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Am I supposed to be insulted because Paul is poor?

*snap*

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Chad W said:
If you want to find more owners, check out clubwrx and nasioc too...
:lol:

if you really want a 9-2 x you can pretty much name your price, from what I hear. they will do almost anything to move them off the lot.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thing is, my local dealer has a monopoly - there isn't another dealer within 3 hours' drive, so they're not as ready to deal as others. I'm hoping to get feedback from people in other areas. If I can find a dealer that's moving them for pennies, I'll contact them and get a quote, then take that quote to my local dealer.

Then again, I might just forget about the whole thing and buy something else for my wife. We can get Subies at invoice through their VIP program, so there would have to be a really big discount on the 9-2 to make it competitive. And we're not totally convinced that we need two AWD vehicles, so we might go for something totally budget.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
driver found, you are in upstate NY, right?

you might try New Salem Saab or Saab of Halfmoon (same owner/dealer, two locations) and see what they can do. they are right near Albany.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Near Syracuse, right in the middle of the state. I've talked to New Salem Saab a few times in the past about used cars they had in stock, I haven't checked with them for 9-2's yet - but I probably will!

·
7,595 Posts
and remember that the 92X does have a few things that the subaru version does not. revised engine mounts, slightly nicer interior, and a standard STI stering rack are a few of the "goodies" the aero has.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also STi Intercooler, Suspension, Short Shifter, Divided wastegate downpipe, 225/50 r16 Kumho MX tires on 7.5 wide lightweight wheels plus others....or at least mine does :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're talking 9-2 linear for my wife - she doesn't care about going fast. The only "pluses" that Saab offers over Subaru in her world view are a better interior and a better service/warranty policy.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i think its always good to get a nother perspective on things.... such as other than how fast it goes....

·
Registered
230 Posts
You mean like if it turns and stops real good too?

·
7,595 Posts
the ONLY reason I could see getting a linear is if it cost the exact same or less money than a similarly equipped 2.5RS and you were seriously considering one of those to start with.

·
Registered
230 Posts
MSRP is 23.7K - 5.5K in incentives this month puts it at 18.2 before haggling...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts