Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im REALLY big into the whole club/rave/dubstep scene, just curious if to anyone else is into this style of music? be cool to talk bout it or whatev.

i really like bassnector, pretty lights, etc. anyone else get down with this music?? talkk

·
Registered
890 Posts
I like the music, not so much the scene (not like there is any here in AK). I don't get too much into who's playing the music, just on the music itself, so I have no idea who I am listening to.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha, yeah i feel you man. sucks theres much more of a scene in baltimore city.

you ever heard magical world by bassnector? that song is sooo sick. i def get into the music thou. it just puts in like a whole nother mindset sometimes i think.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
I enjoy a bit of Dubstep.

It's the first bit of electronic music that's done anything for me since...The Dust Brothers came out in 1994. Shit, I remember that. I'm old as shit.

Anyway, I listened to some Rusko today, and I have enjoyed the "Wu-Tang Meets The Indy Culture" Re-mix album. Hard to beat that combo.

I'm listening to "hot like sauce" by Pretty Lights, I checked it out from your first post.

I like it. Pretty chill, yet interesting.

On a side note, I went to a Ratatat show last night. Pretty much kicked ass.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I have been loving Netsky for a while now, then again I have been into techno/rave/house ever since I lived in Belgium. My favorite drum&bass is between Netsky and Pendulum, Ellie Goulding has some good stuff too.

Some of my prefered songs: Lights (Messed Drum&Bass Remix) - Ellie Goulding, Your Way - Netsky, Eyes Close - Netsky, and a ton more but those are without a doubt the ones I cannot stop playing.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I dabble in that, have some friends who are really into it and it has rubbed off on me. They've gone to most all the festivals. Miami, All-Good, Electronic Zoo, ect. I might go to Bassnector or maybe its Rusko here at the 9:30. Dead Mou5 was played here recently as well as Robyn.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pretty lights is really good. one of my favs def. i wanna go see bassnector again. the concerts are so awesome. anyone from baltimore? go to burbon street? thats like one of the hot spots down here. going to the blackhole and the like.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The DnB scene these days is pretty good, there's a lot of new producers popping up with some great music. I've been really into Nosia, and Breakage and Danny Byrd these days, but pretty much anything on Hospital Records has been good over the last few years. Actually, Danny Byrd just did an amazing Essential Mix for the BBC, it's worth listening to if you can get your hands on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts