Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I try to stick some LEDs into it, will it trigger the bulb out warnings? Anyone try?

Also on average will LEDs be brighter than a good bulb? If not, what's a good bright bulb I can use? As anyone that's seen my HID array in the front, I like my car BRIGHT :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
One advise I could give you is to take a led bulb with the highest amount of lumens if you are looking for brightness.

I'm planning to do that also but money is short right now.. lol

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I think LED's replacement bulbs have too much concentrated light to look good in our tails.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The issue with LED's is that they draw less current, which means yes it will set off the lights off warning. From what I understand (never done it myself) you need a resistor in line, then it will look like theres a bulb to the system.

·
Registered
82 Posts
When i look at the tailights, my first thought is how to modify them in another way besides paint or brightness. Make them look more like the new models, But i havent found anything yet.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The issue with LED's is that they draw less current, which means yes it will set off the lights off warning. From what I understand (never done it myself) you need a resistor in line, then it will look like theres a bulb to the system.
Yup that is exactly the case. I know this. However, some LEDs have resistors built in. As such I was hoping somebody could make a recommendation based on personal experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts