Saab Link Forums banner
1741 - 1760 of 1760 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Elk with 6.5 Creed? I'm impressed. I thought the bullet weights were too light for larger game. Nice shot!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
My deer gun is a commercial Mauser in .243 made by Interarms in the '80's and '90's. I really like it. It shoots tighter groups than I can, and I've only put 90 grain hunting loads through it. Very light recoil, and fast.

The 6.5mm calibers are much trendier (and higher velocity) right now though, and the .243 can be a little pricey for factory ammo.

What do you intend to do with it?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Should be good for that! I haven't tried any of the really light varmint loads, may have to do that for plinking.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If you're going prairie dog hunting, be prepared to go through a shitton of ammo. Make sure to factor that into your decision. Some of the premium ammo is pretty pricey.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,752 · (Edited)
That 6.5 is an astounding Rifle. My Dad was just showing my Wife and me a Tikka that he recently put together in 6.5 Creedmoor. One of his friends had taken the same rifle buffalo hunting and the whole group was raving about how nice it was.

He just had to have one for himself.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've got trijicon, meprolight and tru glow. The tru glows work in daylight too. They have fiber optic in addition to the glow in the dark stuff. They are the biggest and bulkiest. The trijicon HD are really nice, but big $$. If it's something your trusting your life with, Id get the trijicon with the front site a different color. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,755 ·
The only thing I've found available for my Walther CCP is the truglo sights. I ordered a set of the Truglo TFX Pro sights. They have to be better than the factory sights.

I'll post whenever they show up.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Almost any aftermarket sight is better than factory. Glock in particular. You'd think a revolutionary firearm like Glock would have decent sights. I guess that's where they saved the money.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,758 ·
My vp9 came from the factory with night sights. I think they're meprolight sights? I think those are pretty great. I wish the front sight was a different color, but I can live with it.

1741 - 1760 of 1760 Posts