Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone might of had the same problem that i am having now.
i have noticed that about every to weks i have to put about a cup of antifreeze in the holding tank. today being so cold out (-4) i noticed very little steam coming from the engine. i open the hood and there was a tiny amount of antifreeze on the front of the engine near the exhaust manifold on the right. any info would be great.

1999 9-3, two door, silver

·
Registered
122 Posts
B204L engines are notorious for improperly torqued heads. I'd first try retorquing the head and see if that fixes the leak. Otherwise you may need to replace the headgasket.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Actually get your hoses checked. I had the same problem as you, about needing to fill my antifreeze quite often. At first it started slow, only needing to fill it every once in a while.

Last week, I noticed the SID saying it was low again...but only when I cornered. While driving, a couple days ago, suddenly i noticed the light stayed on, and there was a lot of steam coming from under my hood.

There was antifreeze everywhere in my engine bay, so I took it to a dealer to have it fixed. Found out it was a bad hose. So far, I haven't noticed any more leaking.

So have your hoses checked, as they could be brittle, and may break.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE i found the leak and it is comig from the right of the last exhaust manifold on the right. kind of right underneath it. i have called the place where i purchased the car about 4 months ago, where i also purchased a extended warrent that might help. thanks for your help guys. greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts