Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Before I installed the new viggen antenna my radio was always fuzzy and very staticy...I checkt the connection to the head unit where the antenna goes and it's in there snug. I checked the wire to the antenna and it's fine. Any ideas? I don't usually use the regular radio anymore though since I got satellite, but there's too many cords in the interior with that shit....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ok, if you have a system installed, you might have run the power cable over or next to the antenna wire, if that's the case, it's bad, you should never run any large amounts of power near wires that carry sound, it's not good

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
did you try changing the radio station, maybe that one was down, and do cd's sound ok?

~justin

·
Administrator
668 Posts
I had that prob in my 9-3.. it was always fuzzy....

solution: USE CDs :mrgreen:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Try checking to see if your sattellite receiver is on....

I installed an FM modulator type satellite receiver, and whenever its on....all of my stations have static. If your using the modulator system...., I'm guessing its the sattellite radio on at the same time.

Since you've already checked the head unit antenna connection, you might consider checking the cable all the way back to the antenna mast....other than checking at the antenna base itself to see if somehow the cable hasn't ajared itself loose.

Lastly, and something simple like checking that the antenna mast is all the way extended might be something to think about.

just passing some ideas along.....

regards

·
Registered
745 Posts
to check that antenna cable ....use an ohm meter to check the resistance level...from where it plugs into the head and back...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts