Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the stock NG900 / 9-3 mirror re-done in carbon fiber. This is a prototype piece so the edges are still rough, thoughts? (sorry for the large pic)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Kevin...(aka, Mr. Carbon Fiber)

I don't know how your doing it...but that's just got to be the most outrageous CF idea you've had.., :shock: and I love it. 8)

Looks like you can CF almost anything. Any chance you'll be producing CF body kits...air dam, spoiler, side skirts..

These are probably a silly questions; but are there any paintable CF materials out there? And other than looks, is there a weight savings?

As always awesome work... :) .

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weight savings is the main reason for using CF other than the "look". You can paint any CF, most just choose not to given the time put into the clear look. In regards to front spoiler, sure it can be done, but CF tends to crack when impacted so an alternate material for a front bumper would be kevlar or kevlar/carbon. These pieces are not on the near term road map and yes I can make anything in carbon. :lol:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
KevinY said:
yes I can make anything in carbon. :lol:
So how about a RARE early body 9000 Carlson Wing - SMOKINSPG has one - I need one :p I'd also consider a mock c900 Whale Tail if the price was right - and I cand get it painted to look close to the real thing. I believe the replicas are fiberglass anyways...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said, I can make anything given the time and proper incentive, the later being the key phrase. :lol:

For things that are smaller volume items, I would need a pre-order to make it. It would take about 3 weeks after I receive the orginal part and the original is in perfect mold taking condition. If repair work or custom work is required, the timeline is longer. 8)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
i'm guessing you got my mirror i sent you because i never got it back in the mail, looks good. Nice work

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts