Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I was cruisin on 309 today heading out to Quakertown (Farmers Market) with a friend - and I see these day time running lights coming up fast in my rear view - well I instantly note it's a Saturn, and I respect them as a n/a car - 16V DOHC - light as all hell - so they can move pretty well - this one had the tinted Windows, Spoiler - black woman driving (I later saw) and she was haulin ass. So I figured I'd play with it for a bit. I just got up speed and would wait to see if she was tryin to catch me - and she was - atleast "keeping with" clearly floored. Well I'd just let her catch up (about 100mph) and I'd just gas it to 110 - get about 8 cars distance and drop back - then a power burst to about 120 - and so on. Eventually I decided to not risk a ticket so I had proven my point - she then passed me and got caught at the red light :p

On my way home I had just pulled back onto 309 to head South (home) and this Euro Tagged Jetta comes up hard and heavy on my ass - well this is just too good to pass up :twisted: I hate those cars especially since the owners are usually white trash and think those cars are fast and hot shit. I do the same thing I did with the saturn - play with him, clearly he has nothing on me - it's a VW :roll: So i block him in every so often - take off to about 115 - he catches up (a few later) and keeps trying to pass me - of course me being the asshole I am won't let him get an opening :twisted: - I note he has his g/f or sister in the car as passenger at this point - and after I let him get right next to me on my right I gun it - full throttle and take off like a bat outta hell - 125 easy - and he was hanging on till about 110 (top speed) and I figured my point was made - and I backed down to an affordable ticket speed (75 in a 55) and a few minutes pass (about 50 seconds really) and he goes by on my left - the driver leans over and gives me some huge smile and nods laughing as if to say "yeah man - right on" I was kinda like - OK - w/e. I noticed his sister/ - g/f in the passenger seat (dog) and some dude sitting real low in the back seat - typical of a VW - always loaded. Anyways it was a GT Jetta (ohhhh ahhhh) and I let him be in front for awhile but 75 got boring so once again I took off and caught up to him and kinda shocked him cause he had gotton about 30 cars lengths up on me in traffic and I just FLEW past him and never saw it again.

Good to know I can take the average beaters still with ease- drive safe!

Tickets to this day - ZERO
Number of times pulled over - I can count them on my fingers still :lol:

The 9000 is still stealthy and working wonders on the "ticket repelant"

·
Registered
461 Posts
Aww the classic VW. I used to have a saturn and it was slow, but maybe it was because ot was a hunk of crap. But on the VW note this guy in a VW wagon tried to race me off the line and after I to the spoeed limit I stopped accelerating cause I figure I have 4 car lengths on him why try...Well guess what he tries and of course it so easy to tease.to i woudl let his front bumper get close to my back then gun it and again and again till I decided to slow down and then he passed. No look not a thing, but it typical Utah fassion once he passed he turned off and never came back. FYI Try a VW GLI they are not POS VWs my buddy has one and its got some balls to it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Osiris said:
FYI Try a VW GLI they are not POS VWs my buddy has one and its got some balls to it.
I prefer the Dodge Omni GLH over a GLI anyday :twisted: (if you don't know what a GLH is - look it up :p )

But yeah - the GOlfs and GTI's are decent lil VW's with either the 1.8T or the VR6. I just don't like those 2.Slow VW's and the ol 1.8 (CIS especially)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
how are VW drivers typically... white trash... and how are they usually loaded?

these are 2 things i have never noticed in my entire life.... if it was an older vw then it was an 8valve...... SLOW and those saturns suck very slow

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well around here in PA - what I mean by white trash is simple they dress in all baggy clothes - have no job more then a Burger King (if that) aspire to go nowhere in life, yet spend all their money on this lil cars which were never meant to be fast, nor go fast - and they have these attitudes that they are better then you - cause they have a gold chain with a bigger Dollar ensignia dangling from it to match their pants which have no belt... To me - this is white trash. Oh and they usually are the sort who smoke weed everyday too cause it's the thing to do.... :roll:

As for my comment about them being loaded, I meant weight wise - I almost always see the one with body kits and big ass tail pipes packed with all their friends out cruising, not that anything is wrong with that - but do they really hafta drive 90 all the time?? Especially with the car sagging in the rear.... :?:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
My wife's Saturn is starting to go, and I'm gonna miss that little go-kart. It handles WAY, WAY better than our stock Saab and it is geared to be peppy at reasonable speeds. It's a miserable high-revving dog on the highway tho....

Of course, if that had been a Saturn Ion Red Line -- supercharged 205hp --behind you, the story might be different! :twisted:

·
7,595 Posts
the "red line" is very peppy because of it's low weight, the engine however needs a bigger S-charger pulley or something. the ecotec is a very strong engine, should be pushing 240 HP, not 205. I have driven an ion before, not at all impressed with it's cornering, although I did manage to get it into a 4 wheel drift :lol:

IMO, the Ion is one of the nicer saturns to come out in recent years, but it's still a saturn :arrow:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Burnside,

you raced a saturn? somehow that dosen't seem very fair but interesting story though.

how bout one of those rs32 vw's....they run at about 240 horse to all four corners. sit pretty low and tight..you'd never know until you see the badges and 18inch wheels....

haven't had the priviledge, but wondered if anyone else has..

regards

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
DC_SAAB said:
Burnside,

you raced a saturn? somehow that dosen't seem very fair but interesting story though.

how bout one of those rs32 vw's....they run at about 240 horse to all four corners. sit pretty low and tight..you'd never know until you see the badges and 18inch wheels....

haven't had the priviledge, but wondered if anyone else has..

regards
i know a few people with them and seem to be not entirely impressed by them. The guy i know bought performance springs for it already and put OZ superlegras on it. I have yet to drive it, but i think it would be pretty fun

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DC_SAAB said:
Burnside,

dunno if I called it a race :p it was a mere entertaining few minutes to see what that Saturn had - which I knew was slim ot none - but I was bored and figured I'd tease it a lil, make it think it had a slight chance - and of course crush it's hopes completely 8)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
the r32 does not put down 240whp.... it puts down around 180 to the wheels.... not very impressive at all they do however hug the road nicely around corners and such

·
Registered
226 Posts
from a roll the awd sucks.....i can steadily pull away from R32 not an easy kill with my stock aero but from a roll they arent all that impressive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts