Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this car is turning into a money pit. I love my car, and when it has worked I have been very pleased with it, but I can't help wondering if I will ever buy another saab in the future because of all the problems I have had with this one. Most of you don't know but over the summer my headgasket was leaking, and after $1200 and some extensive work the problem was solved. She started acting up again shortly afterwards. I knew my clutch was shot, but what I didn't know was that I needed a new transmission and flywheel. When we checked the tranny fluid, well let just say it looked like glitter and smelled like ass. There were chunks of my tranny in there. So the total: $1200. Thats $2400 in the last 6 months. If I knew this is what was gonna happen she would have been gone a looong time ago. She is a 1995 but with only 65K it shouldn't be this bad. So this whole break I spent without a car and computer so I guess this is my b*tching session cause I am just so frustrated. I should get her back this weekend. I will keep everyone updated.
:evil: :cry:

Kyle

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Oh man. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully your new tranny won't give you any problems. Let us know how it all turns out.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
~~~UPDATE~~~

Need a new flywheel too. Got a quote on an aluminum one: $1000. Ummm . . . yeah . . . not gonna do that. So the new total is around $1700. That would make it almost an even 3K in 6 months. Oh well, I just want her back. I am driving my bro's Jimmy, and its definitely not the same.

Kyle

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i had a '96 900se and it was too becoming a money pit...
i also had the tranny replaced and flywheel resurfaced...but only for $1100
and twice replaced the cable clutch...and i felt more on the way so i sold it and baught my 2000...no major problems yet

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
~~~UPDATE~~~

Well I am back home after a daunting week of finals. Drove her for the first time today after $2k worth of work. All I have to say is :shock: :D She is a totally different car. Hopefully this will continue cause she finally shifts like a saab is supposed to and is MUCH quieter now that I have a new flywheel and that I have a new pulley (other one was rubbing). It feels so good to have my baby back!!!!

:D Kyle :D

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Glad to hear Kyle. Im glad everything is working out well for you. I may consider getting a new tranny as well. Did you end up getting a new clutch with that...or what?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I would suggest doing them both at the same time....so that the labor will be cheaper...or else your gunna be paying at the kazoo....or something

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I had the clutch replaced too. I ended up getting a new transmission, viggen clutch, clutch cable, flywheel and pulley. So now all I need is to get my foglights to work, and the lower driver's side door hinge welded (it rusted) and she will be perfect!

Kyle

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Good to hear 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts