Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should i attempt to make them? This is a 5sec mock up made with duct tape and sharpie lol, just looking for some opinions is it worth my time to try and make eyelids for my spg? Basically something I was just playing with and I have one friend telling me definately try and make them, and another telling me im an idiot for even thinking it would work with the lines on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
see what i mean^ I'm kind of in a "it would be different" mood, and Idk if I love it, but the idea is interesting to me and the cars tied up in the garage anyway...idk.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
ok... yes if they are less aggressive, ie like the ones sold on elkparts for the C900 and 9-5.... but what you have mocked up now.... no its too aggressive.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I wouldn't do anything more aggressive than the ng900 Draken.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Cheezey. Leave it alone.

Sorry, just my HO...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I kinda like 'em, but yeah just a tad too aggressive. Try a little less angle, take some pics, and repost to get a different opinion.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What he said.

If you want it to look more aggresive, swap to a prefacelift ;)
thats just more boxy not more agressive ;)

And actually, if I were going to do it it would be like turbocon posted, a grill molded to come over the headlights just like the draken (actually what gave me the idea was the thread in tsl members pics of the draken)

Also, whatever i do end up with won't be permanent, so i may try them out for a bit. I would do less angle, and come further across the top. Finally, remember what you are looking at is duct tape, i may be playing with my spare grille next week and report back.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
If you have an extra grille to mess around with, it would be a fun project to integrate custom eyelids. It doesn't mean you'll have to use the finished piece, but it would be quite a cool, custom project to get you through the rest of the winter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts