Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That's Right! You can custom create angel eyes for your Saab! I discovered this web site http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm awhile back but have just been too busy to make some of my own.

Anyone have any thoughts about these? I personally think four blue rings would look sweet on a 900. Are there any state laws about these?

Someone make them for me :D I'll pay...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
heck, two of my friends and i have made those, they come out really nice.

you say you'll pay??

ok, what is the EXACT radius of the item you are putting them around, what color led do you want, how many of them do you want, and how much will you pay, i guarantee they will all work.

~justin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah if you make them perfect...I believe I want them to be 4 inches in diameter. I want 4 of them, with notces all the way up the LED, unlike the photo above with it half the way up. With blue LEDs, and the necessary wires for installation. I'd be willing to pay $30 :D Considering I can just get off my lazy ass and buy all the parts for less than $10. What do you think?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
how does that work.... because saab head lights are just single they would not be seen.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea i take some as well. Put me down for exactly what Rob wants. 4 of them with blue LEDs and the wiring.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You install the angel eyes inside of the saab headlight unit, and at night, drive with your parking lights on :D or you could re-wire your car not to run on daily driving lights, and have the angel eyes run instead...The headlights might be too bright at night to see the angel eyes, but during the day it would be hot.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
So basically they would be simulated projectors...with just the ring.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
You'll see ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
sweet, i now have something to do!

ok, so each of you want 4 of these "angle eyes" with blue led's and the notches all the way up to the led, with a 4 inch inside diameter? got it

but i'm afraid that 30 bucks isn't gonna be enough to cover the expenses, i'd have to charge more like 60 if you want 4, 30 for 2... sorry, but i can't do it for less than what it'd cost me.

~justin

·
Registered
251 Posts
i wuold be interested but i would definatly have to see it done first

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You got any sample pictures I can look at of your work? Cause $60 is a lot for what the costs of the project are, plus a little extra for the time. How about $50 including shipping?

I will take some high quality pics of the project once it is installed and be the sample for the saablink group at that cost, and then you can raise it after everyone sees the install on a Saab. I am sure you could make quite a bit of profit with this project.

Let me know if that sounds good. I am a busy man, or I will attempt this project myself... :D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I checked out the site, saw the examples - but i still just don't see the point. (sorry :() they kinda look silly to me. But- i'd still want to see them on a saab to make my final opinions.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ok, fine, 50 plus shipping, i will try and get down to the mall today and get the supplies i need to do this, then i will probably do it today, or tomorrow, and then post the picks on wednesday, i do not have my car right now, because it is in the shop, yeah, so, give me a couple days to get the supplies and make them and post the pics, alright?

~justin

·
Administrator
254 Posts
If this looks nice, you can count me in too!

Kyle

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea definately don't forget me Justin.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let's make sure we are straight here. I said $50 including shipping, meaning I will pay $50 for the product and for shipping. Make sense? :D

Thanks for doing all the hard work for me :)

Once I see the pics send me a paypal address, or home address where I can send payment to ASAP. Oh and make sure you send me instructions on how to install it, thanks bro

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
don't worry guys, i'm not forgetting you.

rcmdesign, i will not let them go for 50 dollars PLUS shipping, i don't think you realize how much the parts are to do this, like how much they cost.

you want instructions on how to install it??? heck, that's up to you, you want them in your headlights, then i recomend taking out the assembly and using an industrial heat gun to melt the clue holding it together, then mount them in there and reseal with silicon. heck, i don't have a clue how to install them that's your job, not mine, i just make the things.

~justin

1 - 20 of 131 Posts