Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, guys. i bought this car in not running and pretty rough condition. i replaced the dizzy and it fired right up and ran like in the video. and then yesterday (when i took this video) i replaced the master clutch and brake cylinder. once i was finished i went to start it and it wouldn't fire. so, i put some fuel into the intake and it would sputter and try to run. its got a spark but no fuel. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks -volvoguy.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
That sounds like it's either got a dead misfire in one cylinder, or the timing is extremely extremely retarded, or both.

Check the timing, plugs, ignition wires, cap, and rotor. You can figure out if it's one cylinder consistently misfiring by unplugging the fuel injectors one at a time. If the sound of the engine doesn't change, you found your dead cylinder. An injector stuck shut will cause that too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the thing is now it wont even run. i started it up in the morning took the video then replaced the master clutch and brake cylinders. once i finished i went to start it and it wouldn't fire. ive since checked the fuel pump and it is working but would not start. also ive got a strong spark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts