Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I was able to find a Saab 900 amp on ebay. But some loser jacked up the bidding and I had to go high to get the damn thing. Probably shouldn't have used that proxy bid shit lol. Anyways. Got it for $80.65 plus $10 shipping.

Probably should have asked this before, but I know it's plug and play for my car, but what should I notice as a result of this AMP? Can I turn the volume higher without getting distortion? With the new speakers in the rear, it should pump out some bass, but we'll see...I'll let you all know. :D

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
um i belive that amp is just for the door speakers.....and you need the wire harness to hook it up to your stock deck...i just sold mine on ebay probably a month ago for around that price or more with the cable.....any ways good luck with the install

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ya for real, don;t you think thats a little steep for a tiny amp for that price you def could have gotten something better, and up to date, but good luck.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it just plugged into the saab head unit, because I have a cord dangling back there that says AMP on it. And I thought it would amplify the whole system...Damnit...Can I wire it to amplify the rear speakers or what? Help me out here guys...Turn something ugly into something good...

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
oh you didnt get the speakers with it?....oh man i sold mine with speakers too!! sorry mang but you got jipt

·
Administrator
668 Posts
yeahhhh jesus thats expensive for a 2 channel amp..... return it!!!!!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
See if you can back out of the deal and tell the seller you will pay for the listing fees and such. If you still want to go with a factory amp, they have another on ebay right now out of a 1995, like the one you bought for a buy it now price of 30. Check it out.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea, I hate to say it Rob, but you don't need that amp at ALL.

I sold mine for $50 + shipping, because I blew my door speakers and was planning to get that Infinity Component set as well. All that amp does is allow you do have door speakers, which Im sorry to sorry to say....aren't worth looking in the junk yard for.

Your best bet would be to just sell that amp on ebay the same way you found it, and use that money to upgrade your current speakers. Trust me on that...Saab factory speakers don't have shit on aftermarket. 8)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I saw that amp on ebay, but it wasn't the right kind I thought, and it didn't have the cords. :roll:

So I figured last night, I would just go looking for the door speakers, since it's such a waste not to have anything down there. What size do I need that will fit there? Maybe I will look for the stock ones....

Oh and I never back out of an ebay auction :D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anyone tell me how to exactly hook up the amp to the standard unit. I just looked in the place where it goes and I only have a power cord dangling there that says amp on it. I also see I need a wiring harness which goes from the amp to the head unit. But there are three areas on the amp for things to plug into. See picture above. There are two that come from wires in the amp, one for the power, the green ended one I don't know, and then the area that's built into that amp where the wiring harness goes too. Someone help!

EDIT: I think I just figured it out. Someone please confirm. The green cord from the amp plugs into the two door speakers, the black end cord from the amp goes to the power, and the wiring harness cable goes from the head unit to the amp...Correcto?

OH and also, the dealership wants $864 for that amp I just got for $90 so I say I got a good deal :)

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
All you need are 6 inch speakers down there. There are already holes drill to attach the nuts to. Atleast in my 9-3 there are. I also went with the kappa's down there like some others.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
so basicly you just baught all of that for $150.65 ...wow i wish you were bidding on my ebay auction!! haha

sorry man just giving you a hard time :D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
wow, you are a sucker dude, cause that is a hell of a lot of money!

green plug goes from amp to speakers, black plug connects to amp wire for power, and that cable to the side in your second picture is the wire that connects your amp to your radio, the 90 degree bend part goes on the radio, if you still have the stock one, if not, good luck wiring it! hahaha because that amp is the only amp in the world that uses the 9 pin 90 degree thingy, and since i didn't have that amp, and i wanted to hook up two amps to my factory radio, i had to get that wire (110 bucks from a dealership, lots i know, but i found 50 bucks on the ground when i was walking into the dealership, so not that bad, lol) and i had to splice some rca wires into it, you can find out how on erp's wesbite, really easy to do, but be carefull, the wires are small as hell

~justin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
110 bucks from a dealership, lots i know, but i found 50 bucks on the ground when i was walking into the dealership, so not that bad, lol
Dude Justin you're full of shit...Finding 50 bucks on the ground...Just like you threw out my angel eyes huh...You just don't want to admit your a SUCKER HAHA :lol:

Yes I have the stock head unit, and I have all those cords necessary to hook it up. So I say it wasn't a bad deal considering saabcatalog sells the complete kit for 550 plus shipping...So I aint the sucker... :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts