Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this 9th anniversary of the terrorist attack on America, please remember the bravery and resolve shown by Americans of every ethnic origin.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Man, I remember exactly when it happened. Being the farish suburbs of NYC, we had families that were directly effected. (living in CT when it happened)

I've had a moment for all those lost and have them on my mind today.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I remember it so well....I was a junior in highschool and all of my teachers were gossiping about something. When walking into a classroom, a teacher had the television on and everybody caught a glimpse of a burning skyscraper, although none of us knew what was happening. A period later, I had US History and my teacher told us what happened, turning on the news for a few brief moments. Although we were all shocked, I don't think many of the students, including myself, grasped what was truly going on until we got home and saw the continuous news coverage later that day. That afternoon, my ederly, now deceased, grandfather called me up and told me how it reminded him of pearl harbor when he was a teenager. We had a discussion I'll never forget. Now, almost a decade later, it's incredible to look back. The history channel has amazing programming on all day and the stories and video is just crazy to watch. Those firefighters, civilians, etc were all so brave.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
It was my first day on a new job and I was driving around in a truck with no radio. At every stop most employees were gathered around a TV in a break room or watching stuff on their computers. I now understand how my parents felt when JFK was killed. This is something that is a part of our living history, it's a part of us.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not a US citizen and I'm not sure if I qualify to write these lines but it's just terrible. I was in Holland when it happened and we couldn't believe what we were seeing... Devastating.

I'll never forget the faces of the brave men and women of the police force and firefighters crying and hugging each other overwhelmed by the loss of their colleagues and the innocent.

God bless them all...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I watched msnbc today when i woke up, and they were rolling footage from that day in its entirety synced with real time today, it pretty much fucked my whole day up. I remember sitting in one of my comp classes in high school, i had the tv on watching the news while i was doing some excel stuff, i remember seeing the moment when they first announced it. Being that i was @ a Christian high school, once we figured out was going on our teacher led the class in prayer, something that normally i might roll my eyes at, everyone took part, even the kids who were only there because they had been kicked out of every other school in the county, we ended up being let out of school before lunch and i went straight home and flipped on the tv. I could give a play by play of everything single thing i did or saw that day, it changed my views on the world and life greatly.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I ran in the Northeast Footlocker X-C championship race in Van Courtland Park that November. Afterwards my team walked all over NYC. The sights of seeing buildings with blown out windows on one side, dust everywhere, and whole in downtown Manhattan was amazingly surreal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts