Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back, by popular demand .. it's Alternate uses for 93SS features.

On my bi-weekly 2.5hr commute, I have a lot of time to develop alternate uses for standard features in my new 93SS Arc.

Seeing as I have about 20 minutes to kill before a meeting, I thought I would share them with you, in hopes of drumming up MORE alternate (and fun) uses for standard/common features:

Windsheild Washers:
Transformed from their ordinary use, and while in bad alignment, can be used to tick off drivers of freshly cleaned vehicles behind you on the freeway at speeds of 50MPH or greater. Works best any time of the day when someone is following just a tad too close. Added bonus: Starts a chain reaction down the freeway of drivers misting the mist off of their windshield. As our cars have six high pressure nozzles, this makes for hours of freeway fun.

Rear Fog Lamp:
While I still haven't had the opportunity to use this while driving in fog, it's alternate use seems as if it would be much more fun, and that's using it as a fake brake light! Works best at night while someone is (again) following just a bit too close. Gives them the illusion that you've got your foot on the brakes. Tested this morning, works great!

Sunroof:
Doubles as a breach in the car's hull where one can jettison useless items out of. Used tissues, sunflower seeds, hay or chicken feathers (the last two are actually legal to dump on California highways). Not suggested to use in conjunction with windshield washers. Second alternate use: Drive around in a parking structure with your sunroof open, and in 1st or 2nd gear. Your car now sounds much meaner and faster than it actually is and you can hear the turbo spool up much better.

Front seat headrests:
Is it a coincidence that you can hang ALL of your drycleaning on just one metal post of the drivers or passengers side headrest? I think not. Why they gave us such small garment hanger thingies in the backseat is beyond me.

Anyone else have cool alternate uses?

·
Registered
148 Posts
hahaha like the "chain reaction" down the freeway.

I use the rear fog to "wink" at other saabs as I pass them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, that's a good idea about the rear fog. I actually used it (for real) once, but other than that, I've found I don't use it, especially now that I have the DRL's disabled.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
LOL that hilarious!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I remebered someone had rigged their rear fogs for both sides.

Then it will REALLY look like you jammed the brakes when you switch them on!! :roll:

I reckon it will give these tailgaters a heart attack!! :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the rear fog all the time, once in a while for fog, mainly when some fool is just riding way to close to my precious bumper. haha.

I saw a great use for the rear windshield wiper on a GTI, this guy had it on film, stuck a tennis ball under the rear wiper, this honda civic was on his tail givin him a hard time, he hit his rear wiper, the tennis ball drops out... bounces all over the place hillarious. I will try and drum up the video.

·
Registered
87 Posts
mainly when some fool is just riding way to close to my precious bumper.
Hmmm...that could lead to an interesting mod. Jury-rig the park assist to detect close moving traffic. If the beep become a steady one, auto activate the high-powered, jet propelled windshield washers! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
hahah, yeh for sure, man i have emptied half a bottle of washer fluid from someone cutting me off, once i was back in front of them, i had the washers nailed for a good 2 minutes, the 3 on the hood, the headlamp washers all at 60mph was like a monsoon, i finally quit when i saw her turn her wipers on, i knew i had won! haha.

My wife reminded me though that technically i didnt win because my car was now covered in window washer fluid... ahh the voice of reality haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear Fog Light

Yea, I also contemplated using the rear fog light to fake a brake.

But really, I kind of like tailgaters, if you have raced in a pack you will know that the tailgater increases your fuel economy. On a few occasions I've had somebody thinking the same as me and we pacelined it down the highway at a good 80mph, each taking a pull for a while, I saved HALF the gas I usually use to get to my destination! We're talking after 120 miles or so, its adds up and if it is worked out right its a load of fun. Ok its not for everyone, you got to be able to handle the close proximity and the possibility of the other person or yourself making an error but gas isn't getting any cheaper. So if you have a Saab following you closely, remember windsheild washer fluid is cheaper compared to gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts