Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I like the looks of it. I know there was debate over a lackluster engine package, but it looks dynamite! Let's hope it sells like Saab intends it to.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Engine might not matter too much depending on who it's marketed toward. If, for example, it's marketed toward the middle age woman, engine and performance probably do not matter as much good looks, warranty, utility, and overall value (aka, the BMW/Audi status symbol feeling for less $$). I'd love to be a Saab car salesman with these new vehicles coming out. Exciting time for the company.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That is a great looking product. I don't know yet if I like it more than the caddy srx which has a great interior. Jury still out on the saab interior. But I will recommend this to anybody who will listen. I want one. Used.

Still waiting for the 9-2. Ill buy that one brand new.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
That is a great looking product. I don't know yet if I like it more than the caddy srx which has a great interior. Jury still out on the saab interior.
Agreed very well done on the 9-4x. However I have to disagree on the SRX interior... The dash is waaaaaaaaay too busy:

When the 9-4x and 9-5 dashes have the greenish glass, they will sell a lot more of them:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The quality of the caddy interior is what I like most. You can argue against the fuzzyness but it looks worthy of the price. That's what I want to see from the saab interior

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Still, the 9-4 is a well-targeted product with a hungry audience. This is more than I can say about the 9-5 unfortunately
Indeed. Re: the 9-5, that is a hard segment to be in. I think most buyers in that arena couldn't care less about what they drive, as long as it starts every morning, is comfortable, and makes them look good. When it comes down to it the E-class, 5 series, A6, and GS350 are the real competition. Saab buyers are obviously the ones who want something different, so they need to go after those sales really really hard.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Indeed. Re: the 9-5, that is a hard segment to be in. I think most buyers in that arena couldn't care less about what they drive, as long as it starts every morning, is comfortable, and makes them look good. When it comes down to it the E-class, 5 series, A6, and GS350 are the real competition. Saab buyers are obviously the ones who want something different, so they need to go after those sales really really hard.
i agree on every aspect.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not bad looking... for a crossover. It's too bad that's where the market has gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts