Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my mother's co-workers recently bought a 1996 ng900 SE V6. She's been having problems with the alarm system being far to sensitive and going off way too much for stupid things. The question I have is - i there a slidder or some form of a switch which turns this down - or does she hafta take it to a garage/dealer to have a scan tool hooked up to re-program it? Thanks

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Exactly what seems to be the trouble making it go off? If the alarm goes off erratically with no apparent reason, that usually is due to the backup battery in the siren! Unfortunatley the battery can´t be changed, you´ll have to get a new siren and that´s expensive. It is possible to switch batteries yourself, but it requires you to open the siren which is waterproof (and that can ruin the waterproofness) and soldering in a new battery.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm - wel I hope that's not the case for this woman, I gather that under a swift wind it's going off.... I know in the 9000's they had a sensitivity box behind the glove box - wasn't sure if they had re-used that method, however from the pictures from EPC it didn't look that way. :?

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Hm, the alarm doesn´t come with a motion sensor as standard, I had to install it as an extra. There are ways to check what sensor caused the alarm (via TECH-2) I´ve heard. Maybe it´s one of the door detectors that have a bit of dirt in them and need a bit of electronic cleaning oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts