Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so twice in the last two weeks, our neighbors have told us the car alarm is going off -- flashing the lights in the middle of the night.

I didn't know this was going on, because it didn't wake me up-- you see, previously the alarm had been sounding on it's own and not shutting off when I disarmed with the keys, so I pulled the siren box and planned a new battery for it and havent gotten around to it yet.

so what else could be going on here? what would trip the alarm?

is it possible that something else in the alarm system is faulty?

one neighbor said his motion light came on last time the alarm flashed. I thought maybe a deer ran into the car but when I shook the car I couldn't get the alarm to trip :confused:

One thing I noticed ,and would like to replace, is when you open the hood, there is this switch that mounts on the fusebox- looks like it is depressed when the hood is closed. it's mount has snapped so it just dangles there and therefore does not get depressed and released when the hood is opened and closed currently. was not sure if this could be the cuplrit.

any thoughts?

I am now hesitant to install a new battery and put the siren back if it will go off by itself WITH NOISE now. :roll:

·
7,595 Posts
mine used to do this, the new alarm battery fixed it. Also, if you never arm the alarm (lock the door with the key, not the clicker) it also should not do this I wouldn't think...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Coudl be the hood switch, fix it and see. Tehc II can diagnose it, mine on the 2000 had a faulty switch that detects jacking, can;t remeber its name, that needed to be repalced and the dealer found out through tech II

He also said at teh tiem that it coudl be the window break swtich ( then he connected teh tech II

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good infozzzz thanks gents.

I am bringing the car for a little 150K looking over soon and my indy has a techII so I will mention this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts