Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My airbag warning light has been on for a while and I need to sort it especially as my car is due for testing in a few weeks.
I read in here that 90% of the time its the clock spring thats guilty so should I go ahead and replace same or should I get it plugged up to some witchcraft and get a fault code? even so, when I replace the clock spring I'll still need to get the airbag light reset, right? also, do I need a device specific to abs warnings and codes etc to do all this or can it be done with your average fault code reader?
any help appreciated!:confused:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My airbag warning light has been on for a while and I need to sort it especially as my car is due for testing in a few weeks.
I read in here that 90% of the time its the clock spring thats guilty so should I go ahead and replace same or should I get it plugged up to some witchcraft and get a fault code? even so, when I replace the clock spring I'll still need to get the airbag light reset, right? also, do I need a device specific to abs warnings and codes etc to do all this or can it be done with your average fault code reader?
any help appreciated!:confused:
Is your car a 9-3?

If so...

Look up Spurious DTC's on townsend imports Bulletin system.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Most likely will need a Saab Tech-II to reset it.

You also can trip and Airbag light if you pull the fuse or have the fuse blow in the airbag circuit while the car is running or key turned, ask me how I know :oops:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
9-3's are nortorious for the driver seat side air-bag faults... they are a b*tch to change sometimes and by no means a cheap repair (unless getting used parts).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was afraid you would say that! im wondering though if its the clock spring as the horn can take a good hard press to make it work! i'll get it plugged up to something and see what codes I get back. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts