Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that many people opt to remove the airbox and whatnot to get a slightly better throttle response and the 2bhp that come with it :lol:

i want to remove mine to help throttle response and mainly to make it sound cool :twisted: when i popped the hood and was stakin it out i noticed the mass air sensor right before the airbox...

my question is how would you attach a cone instead of the airbox without disrupting or completely destroying the mass air sensor....i thought you could move it but that looks fairly unfeasable...i would appreciate some pics of what people have done.

p.s. i have looked at 900aero.com and saw only the mod that involves drilling the airbox and sending a pvc pipe intake between the air dam and bumper

thanks in advance
-wyeth[/u]

·
7,595 Posts
it's fairly easy, just about any cone, drum, etc filter with a 3 inch inlet will fit directly on the MAM, just have to make a small cut in the filter clamp area for the MAM notch. I would suggest K&N. While those cheap cone filters look nice, you really are better off running a stock air box than one of those poorly flowing cheap cones. well worth the $49 the real K&N's cost. check ebay too for a cheaper one. having a K&N in there also opens up room for an intercooler fan, and that's just a good thing to have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jeff...when i replace it i of course would do it with K&N or something along those lines, im not cheaping out here. 50 bucks isnt even that much 8)

thanks

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I have a rather nice - non- K&N filter extra - I don't wanna hafta worry about shipping it - but if u were to be at Saabtoberfest I could bring it and give it to ya for a good price. Otherwise just pick up a K&N filter for the $50ish

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
If your willing to spend around a hundred dollars, you can get the filter, heat sheild, and piping from genuinesaab dot come. Thats where i got mine. i was lazy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts