Saab Link Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts
This is true up to a point.
T8 governs the amount of power output based on lots of variables (throttle position, boost demand, air density, intake temperature, etc...)

You won't be able to create significantly more boost with a bigger exhaust system, but you'll certainly spool up faster and have more top end. To do any serious HP increases, yes, you'll need to tell the computer to expect more airflow and to supply more fuel to match it....
how are you spooling faster with a more free-flowing exhaust... less backpressure wouldnt help your turbo spool up faster me thinks

This is true up to a point.
T8 governs the amount of power output based on lots of variables (throttle position, boost demand, air density, intake temperature, etc...)

You won't be able to create significantly more boost with a bigger exhaust system, but you'll certainly spool up faster and have more top end. To do any serious HP increases, yes, you'll need to tell the computer to expect more airflow and to supply more fuel to match it....
I hear what you're saying. I was just arguing what was being said earlier in the thread, sure a custom ECU will create more power, a custom exhuast will create increased power too...combine them together and you've got the best of both worlds.

any one had any experience with the BSR intake yet... its up on GS.

Also any more info on whats up with the CELs? Thinking about doing it soon but still seems like drop in just makes the most since... cheaper, no power gains either way, no CEL.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
The stock filter is pretty big. I will get some pressure numbers I have a Deep pleat drop in filter with twice the area of the KN to test along with an open air. Might have some time next week.

Basically the intake is not a restriction. Exhaust makes some nice gains. Software makes huge gains.

I swear it's the same questions asked over and over again. The CAI by any company will cause the car to go into limp mode. Get a drop in filter, I recommend the JR drop in filter which you can find from partsforsaabs.com

I swear it's the same questions asked over and over again. The CAI by any company will cause the car to go into limp mode. Get a drop in filter, I recommend the JR drop in filter which you can find from partsforsaabs.com
The bsr optiflow and simota aeroform II have not thrown CEL in the 9-3ss.

These maintain the same cross sectional pipe diameter at the MAF as stock.

I purchased the optiflow via GS and its been problem free.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.