Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, after getting my clutch master cylinder replaced i have been having a problem with air in the hydraulic system. so i took it back to the place that replaced the cylinder, and they happily bleeded the system again. and at first it seemed to work.....BUT this morning with it being cold and all the problem came back... in the clutch not so much but now in the brake... the air seems to be going back and forth between the brake and clutch:confused::confused::confused:. do i need to just keep bleeding the darn thing? would bleeding the breaks help? i know squat about how to bleed the hydraulic system on my car so any input will be much appreciated:D
BTW my car is a 2002 9-3 t7

·
Registered
94 Posts
try using a air powered vacuum bleeder it could possibly work i seen it done on a 2002 9/3 in class about a week ago they pumped and bled the clutch plus they used a vacuum bleeder and it worked fine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it to the Swedish solution in Cleveland Ohio, from what iv herd they are pretty reputable

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats why i prefer cable clutch,hydraulic clutch feels weird at times and its too much extra work to install
I know I miss my old cable clutch that was in my 900s sooo much.... I'm taking it in today to have them bleed the brakes today

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i bled the brakes today...that process went smoothly.. then i went to bleed the clutch, i put the hose from the vacuum bleeder on the nipple atop of the tranny, and when i loosened the nipple a little air and fluid came out and then i proceeded to try and suck out more fluid ...and nothing... no matter how much i pump the bleeder no fluid will come out and now my clutch peddle is to the floor... please help, this is my one and only daily driver

·
Registered
94 Posts
so i bled the brakes today...that process went smoothly.. then i went to bleed the clutch, i put the hose from the vacuum bleeder on the nipple atop of the tranny, and when i loosened the nipple a little air and fluid came out and then i proceeded to try and suck out more fluid ...and nothing... no matter how much i pump the bleeder no fluid will come out and now my clutch peddle is to the floor... please help, this is my one and only daily driver
have a friend that knows how to drive stick pump the clutch when your bleeding it add break fluid when it drops in level

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Personally, I've had the most success reverse bleeding the clutch system with a MityVac.

I have a Motive Power Bleeder and used that initially, but still had a spongy clutch. Hooked the MityVac up to the slave nipple and pumped fluid in reverse and took the excess out of the master reservoir. Voila.

Another technique is to use a broom handle to hold the clutch pedal to the floor and leave it that way over night. That's helped purge air out of the slave before.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Was it a regular MityVac that you reverse bled your clutch with? I tried to do that with mine with the switch on the MityVac set to pressure, and it didn't seem to be able to push fluid that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts