Saab Link banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
that does not look quite like what I got...no it will not fit if it is for t5....

besides, that thing looks SPENT. :shock: I might be selling mine... going back to airbox, still deciding... let me know if you might be interested. I would be asking a "bit more" than 15 bucks, since it is brand new, used only about 1000 miles... :lol:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I have a T7, and retarded is driving a minivan yet always having something wiseass to say. :p

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
xaamottomaax said:
Why going back to airbox?
I am worried about how it will perform in the summer. I am not yet sold on it being an "upgrade" for T7. I have been getting very low boost since installing it, although it sounds really cool. :? could also have to do with the weather....
or time for new plugs....

but anyways my tuner advised me against the cone filter if I follow through with my plan for stage 3... it is safer to make the 270 Hp on (just for example) 16 psi and colder air than to make the same power on 20 psi and hot air. that is how I understand it anyways... because higher temp means higher boost and more chance to do damage. I know other tuners feel differently about the open air filter thing, but then again they also have a more aggressive tuning philosophy, maybe their focus is on the HP numbers and not reliability? I do not know for sure, I am still trying to figure out the whole T7 thing as I get all sorts of contradicting info from various sources.... :?

·
Registered
361 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
but anyways my tuner advised me against the cone filter if I follow through with my plan for stage 3... it is safer to make the 270 Hp on (just for example) 16 psi and colder air than to make the same power on 20 psi and hot air. that is how I understand it anyways... because higher temp means higher boost and more chance to do damage.
I'll put my stock airbox back on soon as I can convince myself to live without the sound ... and find that darned rubber bushing for the MAF sensor! :evil:

When I do I'll get you some temperature data. :)
Once the engine-bay heat-soaks the problem seems to be something more sinister as if you shut off the engine the temps rise considerably. Presumably this is because the supply of cooler-air has been cut-off. But we'll see how this works out. :?

Adrian~

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
yes. i can't beleive I am going to say this, but please inundate us with data. :lol:

I have heard good arguments for both set-ups but so far no pie charts or line graphs. :p :lol:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I should have some airmass data from a viggen and a 9-5 aero soon with ff-filter compared to std paper. I will also look into the response affect of these filters.

·
Registered
299 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
I have a T7, and retarded is driving a minivan yet always having something wiseass to say. :p
who does that??? :lol: :lol:
anyway my minivan is 4wd and twin turbo now

i wish

·
Registered
299 Posts
jeez i wish mine could do that. 0-60 2.8sec :p :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: i'll bet that doesnt use T7 :lol: kidding

1 - 20 of 20 Posts