Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after my huge 60k check up and other minor problems I just found out i need new front brakes. calipers and all. I cant decide what to get or what to do seing as i just sunk about 600$ into the rear brakes!!! this saab is driving me mad, its been pissing off my wallett as well.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
$600 for rear brakes :shock: dear god, i have 3 words for you Do It Yourself.

even if you dont own any tools, youll still save money, and a brake job is pretty straigtforward iirc Tweek posted a how to a while back on replacing front brakes. might wanna take a look at that.

Paul

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no man 600$ in parts.

and Im just getting stock front stuff except im getting EBC disk. :( cant afford a major upgrade.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
if you shop around you can get evrything for much cheaper...check out the links post and look through them to find all the brake parts and yeah Erics site should have some tips on doing up the brakes.... but that is shity man just shity~~!

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UGH! they are aftermarket 300MM ones... not stock viggen ones.

·
7,595 Posts
wow, I am used to $35 brake discs :roll:

what about them make them cost so much? they can't be all that huge

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does no one understand this? I got the rear brake upgrade kit... thats 300mm new calipers new everything steal lines ETC. a normal stock one would have been much cheeper im sure.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
okay so you spent 6bills upgrading the rear and now you need new front rotors? or is the back needing repair too? i guess i dont get it.... please explain more....

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol ok yes i upgraded the rear because the pads needed to be replaced anyway... then the front BROKE

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got the fronts on... they look nice and the performance is GREAT.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they were not 600
that was the rear.

these were not as bad :) and yes it was worth it.[/list]

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well the new brakes stop the car ALOT faster but squeakkkkk..... only at low speeds though so its all good... plus never having to clean my rims is a HUGEEEE plus. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts