Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to stay away from the viggen intercooler and just jump up to an aftermarket all aluminium intercooler. What would be the right dimensions to have the pulmbing fit in through the factory locations on the sides of the radiator.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
eh, after having done this twice, i can honestly say it's easier to just buy an ETS intercooler from genuinesaab. it's worth the cost

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to butt in. I have an ETS and it works great, very little heat soak and good quality plus fits in stock location with very little modification. I used to wonder why brand name IC's were so expensive compared to the ebay Chinese knockoffs, that can be found on the web. I found out why when I physically felt the difference. On several different cars I have felt the intake and outlet, by hand and felt the difference. With the cheap IC's there was not much difference in temp. On the IC's that were heavy and thick with bar plate construction, the temp lowering was amazing, the hot side was almost too hot to touch and the cold side was actually cool to the touch. This was on a warmed up car at idle on a hot summer day with fan running. The cheap ones may be tempting to buy, but they just look good, and get heat soaked quick. They are actually very light compared to a quality unit. The ets works, and is very good quality. my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts