Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I should put one of these on my car. The havent done any engine mods yet so would I notice any difference. I here they are essential when adding hp but should I have one on a stock car. I just want to know if it is it worth spending $150.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ive heard that the BPV doesnt sound nearly as good as it does with an upgraded intake setup, whether its just pvc and drop in K&N or a full cold air intake with cone filter. I cant tell you from experience but that is what ive heard

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i dotn know what kind of difference you will notice outside of noise. I know that the stock bosch valve with warp itself above 15 psi, so i suppose the aftermarket BPV will livit boost creap and what not. It will definately give you a better sound, especially with an intake

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got the new intake and the sound obviously was increased 10 fold... then Boxerchip gave me an aftermarket BPV and I can tell basically no difference with that one coupled with the new intake as opposed to the old one.

Bottom line is, when ti comes to a better sound, your best bet is to go the route of the upgraded intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts