Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please show a picx of the wire which needs to be tapped into for the af signal. i know its near the manifold and before the cat and its a black wire but whwere is it ? AHHHH im in the middle of thi now and its getting dark :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know that you have to unsheath a bunch of wires and tap into the black wire, but where is the o2 sensor?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
yea t7s have 2, one between turbo and cat and one after the cat you should be able to tab either of them....but i dont know what will give you the best read out.... i think you can also tap the ecu wire that reads the o2 sensor.... ask your local saab guru.... i plan on doing this wen i get my car back....but with my tt...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i installed the guage and tapped into what i believe the signal wire was. Here is the best description that I can give, if anyone agrees please let me know. I followed the o2 sensor from the exhaust before the cat up to a plug behind the valve cover. If your looking at the valve cover from the headlights, its behind it to the right, there are 3 plugs. I tapped into the black wire in the first plug (closest to the valve cover). I am not getting accurate readings, they jsut all light up and sporadically a few bars will drop towards lean but with no correlation to the amount of gas given. The prolem can be one of a few things:

1) The guage is just a POS and doesn't work correctly
2) Wrong wire
3) The way i connected the wires does not give accurate readings.

There was only about an inch and a half of space for me to cut, strip, and connect the signla wire to the wire from the guage. I was worried because if i messed up, my car might not start, or a CEL will come on. So i carfully took a razor blade and stripped the wire while it was still all connected (not cut) and wrapped the signal wire around it very well. I figure this is probably the problem. Any ideas?

It looks pretty good i didn't power the indiglo because it was really bight and didnt mathc the rest of the dash. Its much more subtle with jsut the led lights iluminated. Ill take some pics at night too, preferably when i get it workin right.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres a pic, for some reason it wasnt working when i tried to attach to my last replyi guess i had to size it down, it wasn't working...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts