Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It pains me to do this but I will be putting up my Aero wheels up for sale. They have tires on them with decent tread on them the fronts have more tread than the rear due to being new. The spokes are painted gold and the lips of the wheels are painted the same color as the car which is Iridium Metallic Blue (220h) paint thinner would take the paint off easily if you don't want that color on there but the combination went with my car pretty well.

I am getting rid of them for $250 and they are located in Milford MA which is where I reside I am wiling to trade also for some some used sas ARB's front, rear, or both. I will post pictures soon since it's 12a.m. but I do have a picture of my Saab with them on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It looks like in your pic you have an aero rim on the front and a super aero rim on the back??

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
It looks like in your pic you have an aero rim on the front and a super aero rim on the back??
It does look like that.... lol Deep Dish in the rear.

What's for sale here?

As for the car - what's going on there? Looks like a 92 9000 - but has an Aero kit from a 1993+ 9000 - how was that for fitment?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the front are aero wheels and the rears are super aeros and that is what I'm selling sorry for the confusion. The whole set up is what I'm selling.

As for as fitments on the aero kit it was pretty straight forward. Had to cut some areas on the front bumper and on the sides of the rear then used the original fastener spots and soo far I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yeah the front are aero wheels and the rears are super aeros and that is what I'm selling sorry for the confusion. The whole set up is what I'm selling.
So to sum this up - you are selling 2 Aero wheels and 2 Super Aero wheels as shown in your initial post - and asking $250 for all 4. Which could be also seen as $125 a pair. Correct?

Also - more specifics on the Aero Kit install - any pictures of you doing it? I see how it "should fit" but I also know from owning an 87' and 86' and a 95' that there is MANY small changes which make it not so easy.

example - I tried to fit some Carlsson skirts from my 87' onto my 95' - not a direct fit and I would have had to cut to make them "fit." Not something I felt was worth it. But an Aero kit is MUCH easier to find - so I could see that.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So to sum this up - you are selling 2 Aero wheels and 2 Super Aero wheels as shown in your initial post - and asking $250 for all 4. Which could be also seen as $125 a pair. Correct?
That is correct so if you want the super aeros that are in the back you can have those for that price and I have a 3rd one to go with those it just has a flat.

as far as the kit goes, because the 93+ 9ks have smaller turn signals so I had to get an exact o knife and cut where the bottom of the corner light meets the bumper. on a 92 and lower bumper, the top of the bumper is flat and lower all the way across but on the 93+ bumper the corner light areas have more of a lift that way there isn't a gap. I cut that part that way I would be able to slide the bumper right on and that way it would not get in the way of the 92 corner light.

It's hard to explain without me showing you but if you have a kit I would gladly put it on for you front and rear. There will be body filler involved or if you want you could get the plastic bumper repair because the bumper is wider so you would want to fill in the gap between the fender and bumper. I don't have a pic by pic of how i did it because I just looked at the obstacle and got to work without thinking too much about it. I do have to admit the rear bumper is more like a bench than a bumper.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Off topic, but interested in how the Aero kit mounts up, I have a 92 9000 and an Aero kit in my possession... In theory my 92 should be the chassis that the aero kit is intended for, right? I have the spacers under my front fenders, and was told they were there because the chassis changed in 92 and the body didn't change until the next model year.

Could you possibly take some closer photos so I could see how it looks in a little bit better detail?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I should make it into a thread with a lot more pictures and more detailed explanation. I will get on it tomorrow especially since I'm going to be spending time in my garage putting my shocks and struts on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts